What am I doing wrong!!!

Options
dynad
dynad Posts: 87 Member
• Friday weigh in sucked gained .5 :mad: I just don't know why! no drinking, no cheating! WTF! Is it the fruit? I love fruit, so now I'm not going to have fruit this week. I want to do more with my life than worry if I lost a lb or not!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Your life is going to be much better when you stop stressing over something like 1/2 pound. A fluctaution of up to five pounds is really just that, a fluctuation.

This is about a pattern of behavior over time, not one weigh-in. Relax.
  • worshiptheking148
    Options
    stress can make you gain weight ^_^
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    Are you retaining water? I don’t think fruits going to cause you to put on weight. I would try and cut out more sodium before I cut out fruit. If I am up a half a pound I usually assume it was water weight. If I am doing something wrong with my diet it would be more than a half a pound. Plus with Flu season around the corner you will want all your Vitamin C you can get.

All though I know this is not weight watchers but they are allowed to eat as much fruit as they want. They don't even count the calories for it.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Your weight is based on gravitational pull which varies slightly depending on time of day, time of year location also the type of floor or room of the house. keep you head on and know that if you gain muscle and lose size it may show as a gain but it makes you a healthier problem. Remember this..if its not a trend, its not an issue.
  • ChrissME
    ChrissME Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about fruit. I always blow my nose and shave my legs before weighing in. Every 1/100th of an ounce counts. :wink:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about fruit. I always blow my nose and shave my legs before weighing in. Every 1/100th of an ounce counts. :wink:

do you go the bathroom? thats important you know.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Water retention is usually the culprit... TOM? Sodium too high? Changed up your workout routine?
  • dynad
    Options
    Thanks, great input :flowerforyou:
  • dynad
    Options
    Water retention is usually the culprit... TOM? Sodium too high? Changed up your workout routine?
    Great weght loss! MinnieInMaine
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Agree with Jnoring and Cranktastic. From my view, you don't have sodium or fiber listed. I like to see mine. Sodium leads to retention which leads to being bloated or weight gain (for me personally anyway). It would be interesting to see. Fiber too is important for digestion and regularity. Otherwise, please note "Rome wasn't built in a day" and we didn't put the weight on in a day. You are doing fantastic~keep doing it. You will be rewarded with positive changes. I also would only weigh one time a week in the morning as our bodies fluctuate for numerous reasons. Keep doing it. You got this! :wink:
  • dynad
    Options

do you go the bathroom? thats important you know.
    Yes theis past couple of weeks have been good, I satart the Activa and wow! I think it works!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You are weighing yourself too often. Weigh 4 times a year, or better yet, never.
  • dynad
    Options
    Agree with Jnoring and Cranktastic. From my view, you don't have sodium or fiber listed. I like to see mine. Sodium leads to retention which leads to being bloated or weight gain (for me personally anyway). It would be interesting to see. Fiber too is important for digestion and regularity. Otherwise, please note "Rome wasn't built in a day" and we didn't put the weight on in a day. You are doing fantastic~keep doing it. You will be rewarded with positive changes. I also would only weigh one time a week in the morning as our bodies fluctuate for numerous reasons. Keep doing it. You got this! :wink:
    I do only weigh in once a week (friday AM). I'll change my tracking for sodium I notice you don't track sugar, why
  • michellesz
    Options
    Just never had it on there from the beginning when I started. Didn't eat any junk or snack foods but like 3 small things in the first 23 weeks of starting MFP. It was all or nothing for me~due to that lost 45 pounds in 23 weeks and now maintaining and never thought about putting it on there since most of my sugars come from natural sugars like fruit for example. Everyone adds what they feel is important for them to monitor. If I was a diabetic or had stalls in losing, I would re-look at the categories and probably add it then.
  • michellesz
    Options
    After adding your fiber and sodium~they are beautiful & shouldn't affect your progress:flowerforyou:
    Just keep making the wonderful choices that you are. Also, remember with circuit training or weights too, you can be building muscle and muscle weighs but in the long term will reshape your body. Great job!