Newbie here---I am SICK!

Options
Hello, I am new here but not new to the diet life. I am SICK of it. I feel like I have read every diet book printed, and I can spout off the WW points for any food! I have to stop thinking about it as a diet and just start living it.

For the last month I have been low carbing it and I have become really bored with it. I can see myself saying to heck with it and falling off of the wagon because I have gotten tired of the low carb foods. I just want some cereal dang it..lol. I am going to switch to MFP and start tracking calories instead. With the low carb thing I felt like I spent more time trying to find substitutions than I did breathing. I know it works great, but not great for me.

Oh, and someday I want to not have to worry about getting my thigh pinched in the toilet seat!!! TMI, I know.

Anyways, I really need some friends so that I can be excited about this! Pretty Please?

Sylvia:wink:

Replies

• worshiptheking148
    Options
    sent you a friend request welcome to mfp, ^_^ glad your here
  • lmrw1959
    lmrw1959 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You should fill out your profile, also. Some don't like to put in friend requests when someone has a blank profile.
  • feruby
    feruby Posts: 3
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • susanfisher
    susanfisher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! Welcome to mfp..
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Oh man, who isn't sick of it? We should all be able to eat whatever we want, whenever we want, and just poo the excess away!

Glad I got that out of my system. Carry on!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Low carb is easy, and necessary for me. But I don't look for substitutions for grain foods. Since I try to minimize processed foods, everything is simple: Fat, meat, veggies, eggs, seeds, nuts, and the occasional fruit. I'm not sure it can get easier than that.
  • camajade
    camajade Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Most of us on MFP know how you are feeling. I added you as a friend. This is my 5th week on MFP and I love that most of the foods I eat are in the system and I don't have to add anything up myself, it does all of the counting for me. Just love it. Of course I have to put in every little bite, cause the only one I would be lying to is myself. So welcome and be accountable and you will do great.
  • kjsneedtolose
    Options
    I too, am sick. Sick and tired. Good luck, and I look forward to learning and losing with all y'all! I am off to introduce myself :)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Don't try and eliminate specific food groups. Eat everything, but in moderation and then you're less likely to feel deprived and fall off the wagon.

Use MFP properly to track all your calories and exercise and you'll soon see where you need to cut back, either on the amounts you're eating, or the types of foods.

It can be done!
  • er03bald
    er03bald Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I have been battling weight my entire life. My weight yo-yos from 135-160. I do really well and lose the weight then fall into boredom eating. I was doing Weight Watchers when I was in 9th grade. I hate low carb because I live for pasta. My thoughts as far as dieting are I want to eat the foods I love (with the recepies slightly modified for lower calories) just smaller portions. I find it makes it easier to eat smaller portions using smaller plates and flatware. if you have small children use their dishes if not use appetizer plates.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Ditch all the stupid diets and diet books and learn about nutrition and exercise. Eat clean. Eliminate the junk food and processed food. MOVE YOUR BODY. These are the ONLY THINGS that work on a more than a temporary basis. You can do it but it's going to take some time, research and self-discipline. :flowerforyou:
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    feel free to add me :) think of it as a lifestyle change... not a diet........
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal every morning for breakfast and am losing steadily. The key for me is to eat what I normally eat but to cut back on it. For me its all about portion control. You can friend me if you want.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I added you.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... the key is to finding a balance of exercise and nutrition that you can maintain long term. Carbs aren't bad, you just need to eat the right ones and balance them with other nutrients. I love my pasta, bread, and cereal far too much to cut them out entirely... I just choose whole wheat/grain versions and don't over do them. Also, if you want to be a runner you will need them for fuel. I always love new friends... especially mom friends... your little one is cute! :flowerforyou:
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Don't try and eliminate specific food groups. Eat everything, but in moderation and then you're less likely to feel deprived and fall off the wagon.

Use MFP properly to track all your calories and exercise and you'll soon see where you need to cut back, either on the amounts you're eating, or the types of foods.

It can be done!

Couldn't have said it better myself :happy:
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :smile:
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm hear for too. To retrain myself to eating smaller portions of any food that I want to have. I also did the Atkins diet years ago, dropped 70 lbs but regained it + more as soon as I went back to regular food. It took a while but it all piled back on and I swear it went to my lower half! I still limit carbs, but I don't exclude them. I eat potatoes & rice but try to stay away from the processed carbs, like bread & most pastas. This lifestyle change is sustainable but most cannot go for the rest of their lives without having a sandwich or plate of spaghetti! Good luck in your journey. I've learned so much from this site and from my own logging over the last few months. My views on food have changed for the better. I'm sure yours will too!
  • ChrissME
    ChrissME Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. We fellow Friday joiners must stick together. I previously was reluctant to start anything unless it was a Monday and the 1st of the month. :wink: We must really be serious to start this thing at the end of the week.
  • want2feelbetter
    want2feelbetter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I think you've found the right tools now for a successful journey...Its all here on mfp ...Its so easy to track your food and exercise ...And the message boards and community wall is very informative . Then you have all the success stories with the before and after pictures ..I read a couple of them daily to remind me that this is possible...That real people are winning this batttle everyday : ) So lots of luck to you ...I really think your going to like it here ..I sure do : )