Need a New Tilapia Recipe Please :) :flowerforyou:

Options
spicy618
spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
Hi!

I got a great Parmeasean Crusted Tilapia Recipe from here months ago... It was the first time I made Tilapia and it's been made the same ever since :blushing:

I was wondering does anyone have a New Recipe for Tilapia... Pretty Please :happy:

Thanks in Advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    BAKED TILAPIA
    1 pound tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen
    Garlic powder
    Spicy Seasoning Salt
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    3-4 tablespoons butter, melted

Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty foil to save on clean-up and spray with cooking spray. Arrange the fish in a single layer on the baking sheet. Season the fish on both sides with the seasonings listed. Pour the melted butter over the fillets. Bake at 425º about 8-10 minutes, just until opaque. Do not overcook. Serve with the browned buttery pan juices.

Makes 3-4 servings
    Can be frozen

Per 1/3 Recipe: 283 Calories; 19g Fat; 27g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0g Net Carbs
    Per 1/4 Recipe: 212 Calories; 14g Fat; 20g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0g Net Carbs
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    BAKED TILAPIA
    1 pound tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen
    Garlic powder
    Spicy Seasoning Salt
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    3-4 tablespoons butter, melted

Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty foil to save on clean-up and spray with cooking spray. Arrange the fish in a single layer on the baking sheet. Season the fish on both sides with the seasonings listed. Pour the melted butter over the fillets. Bake at 425º about 8-10 minutes, just until opaque. Do not overcook. Serve with the browned buttery pan juices.

Makes 3-4 servings
    Can be frozen

Per 1/3 Recipe: 283 Calories; 19g Fat; 27g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0g Net Carbs
    Per 1/4 Recipe: 212 Calories; 14g Fat; 20g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0g Net Carbs
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Place fillets of Tilapia on a sheet of foil about 16 inchs long. top with sliced mushrroms green onion fresh tomatos and a bit of garlic salt and pepper as you like ( I like to add a bit of fresh dill or basil and some fresh lemon ) fold foil into packet and bake at 350 for about 20 mins or you can put into on the BBQ 10 mins per side.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A simple but yummy way to cook Tilapia or chicken breast that my daughter told me about is to cook slightly in a non-stick pan, and then finish cooking with your favorite Vinegarette, Just a Tablespoon or two, just enough for flavor. I really like tomato-basil Vinegarette. I've also used walnut rasberry. There are a large variety available, and the calories added are very minimal.

Happy cooking! I serve this with the browned pan juices as well!
  • debbyknits
    debbyknits Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe for tilapia. The smoked paprika adds such a unique flavor. It's very different from regular paprika. I found smoked paprika at my regular grocery store with the spices. It was alphabetized under "s" not "p".

Grilled Tilapia
    1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
    Cooking spray

To prepare the fish, heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine oil, paprika, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl, stirring well. Rub fish evenly with oil mixture. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.

Enjoy!
  • shariguymon
    Options
    I was just going to post TAMTASTIC's recipe for chicken thighs, the same spice combination would be great on Tilapia as well! Others have used these seasonings on chicken breasts, flounder, etc. with great success! Definitely worth a try:

Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
    Skinless, boneless thighs cook quickly and are more flavorful than white meat, so they need fewer ingredients. Serve with garlic-roasted potato wedges and a salad or broccolini.

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
    Cooking spray
    6 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar

Preparation
    Preheat broiler.
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

Yield
    4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs)

Nutritional Information
    CALORIES 321(31% from fat); FAT 11g (sat 3g,mono 4.1g,poly 2.5g); IRON 2.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CALCIUM 21mg; CARBOHYDRATE 27.9g; SODIUM 676mg; PROTEIN 28g; FIBER 0.6g
  • spicy618
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!!!

These new ideas will keep me eating Tilapia for months :bigsmile:

Have a Great Day!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of seasoning that taste great on fish - my favorite is called 'fox point'. it is made by penzy's spice. super yum!

i'm using tilapia and making cajun honey lime fish tacos with mango salsa tonight.

whatever you do to chicken, you can do to fish.
  • Adam13523
    Options
    bump
  • spicy618
    Options
    there are a lot of seasoning that taste great on fish - my favorite is called 'fox point'. it is made by penzy's spice. super yum!

i'm using tilapia and making cajun honey lime fish tacos with mango salsa tonight.

whatever you do to chicken, you can do to fish.

Thanks!

Your dinner sounds Super Yummy!
  • stephmyers1
    Options
    these sound yummy - saving for later.......
  • shariguymon
    Options
    I want to save some of these recipes