Hold the phone! I just met my goal!

Options
For ****s & giggles I stepped on the scale the other morning and realized that I was almost a pound and a half under my goal weight. I was so excited I forgot to put deodorant on before I left for two job interviews (still killed it on both of them).

I joined MFP about two years ago after my dad had a stroke and I realized I needed to make some serious changes in my life if I wanted to have a long and healthy life. I almost met my goal about 15 months ago but gained most of that weight back again. The support of my friends on MFP helped me get back on track.

There are a lot of arguments on here about what I consider to be the little details of health and fitness. I think that everyone is different. What works for me - eating whole grains, fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and smaller portions coupled with walking all over the place - may not work for someone else. I'm not an athlete. I'm not in training. I'm just a lady who wants to be healthy and happy. My MFP friends have been hugely supportive and a fantastic resource. The MFP iPod Touch app helped me learn how to manage my diet and fitness. I am so grateful for both.

Thank you guys for being awesome. You rock!

Replies

• Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! congrats.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a fantastic day! I hope you'll update with some pics. :smile:
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

I joined MFP about two years ago after my dad had a stroke and I realized I needed to make some serious changes in my life if I wanted to have a long and healthy life. I almost met my goal about 15 months ago but gained most of that weight back again. The support of my friends on MFP helped me get back on track.

Same here - strokes run on the maternal side of my family going back each generation to my great grandmother! Not cool! Good for you for recognizing you needed to be pro-active! And congrats on meeting your goal!!!!! :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • pelles
    pelles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as you do about being happy and healthy. I love that you were so happy that you forgot deodorant!

Good luck on the new job offers that are sure to roll in!
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • babsie11
    babsie11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! Amazing!:happy:
  • catielynchapp
    catielynchapp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, that is great. I also eat lots of fruit/veg, along with hummus, and some crackers (altho I like to steer away from highly processed foods). My motto is "Slow & Steady Wins The Race".

Peace
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yipee Skipee! Way to go you!!!!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    GREAT STORY! so happy for you! congrats :) now let's see some pics.
  • blackwellstephanie
    Options
    Great job!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I don't currently own a camera or a smartphone with a camera. I lost 8.4 pounds over the last two months and my most recent pics are from before that time. I will try to wrangle some pics somehow.

Also, hummus may be my favorite food. I <3 garbanzo beans.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    you are the coolest pirateninja i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!