Shopping List

Options
I am literally lost on what my shopping cart should have in it when it comes to losing weight and getting healthy. I get so confused on all of the diets that I "should" be trying. Some say high protein, some say eat small portions, some say nothing processed.... but let's face it, I work 2 jobs and have a picky boyfriend. Also I recently found out that my gallbladder is on the fritz... which means just about everything makes me feel sick (especially lettuce).
Are there websites out there that help build menus for the week? And do you have any recommendations for diet plans?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• scarletgenesis
    Options
    One tip I love that helps a lot is to shop the outside of the store. That's where the 'real' (i.e. non-processed) food typically is like produce, meat, etc.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'll ask: what will help you stay on track? I do portion control of the foods I love and I log before I eat to help with how much calories I consume. My hours at work can very from 40-80/week so I have tv dinners, make sandwiches, have poptarts, eat pizza. I just ensure I don't go overboard and always have my exercise too. The only thing I have cut back on is my sodas.
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Hungry Girl? She has some great tips and really good recipes. Here is a link to her Official 2012 Supermarket Guide - http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2232
  • awallin86
    Options
    I will definitely check those things out!
    Any suggestions on foods that will keep me fuller longer?
  • UrbanSpaceman75
    Options
    Most kinds of soup are excellent "fillingness" value for the amount of calories they contain. While I knew that that they were mostly water, I was really surprised to find out how low in calories tomato and basil soup is. I also find a plain omelette really filling, and good value for calories.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has lots of great recipes as well