Snowboard fitness

Options
Hey, I'm planning my first snowboard holiday in January. I've learned to board on an indoor slope, and been on snow a few times, but never more than 3 hours at a time.

I'm pretty sure it's going to kill my legs, so I want to start working out now. Does anyone have any good workouts they'd suggest? Or stretches that might be good for flexibilty?

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Lots of squats. Heavy w/ weights, and light w/ high reps for endurance. Calf raises too.
  • denisemroth
    denisemroth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How about stair climbing or walking up and down hills if you have any in your area!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    For snowboarding I think I'd mainly focus on general fitness, and having decent endurance.
    And work on your hip mobility.

other than that, you should be fine.
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I ski rather than board but the main thing that will reduce tiredness is your technique.

As a beginner you spend all day fighting gravity. As your technique improves you will be able to control speed more easily and it will be a lot less tiring.

So as long as you are moderately active otherwise I would focus on getting more time on the board.
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry to take so long to reply, posted this then went off on holiday! Thanks for the advice, defo going to work on my general fitness over the next few months, really good to have something to work towards fitness wise!