breakfast Ideas!! please

Options
What do you guys eat In the morning? Please helpe out..

Replies

• Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you are trying to do and your exact needs!!!! But remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day :)
  • banana9597
    banana9597 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I enjoy having scrambled eggs with canadian bacon on an 100 calorie English Muffin. It seems to fill me up and keeps me going. It's easy to make and the whole dish is under 200 calories. I take three tablespoons of egg beater (southwestern style if you like peppers) and then take two canadian bacon slices to cook. Toast up the muffin and you are good to go!
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day, but here's my list:
    1 cup of cereal (whatever I have on hand) with 1/2 cup of milk
    a fried egg, with a slice of cheese on an English muffin
    a muffin, a glass of milk, and yogurt
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    my wifey says any breakfast I bring her to bed is healthy to her....of course that has more emotional benefits than health benefits :)
  • wakechick25
    Options
    I like smoothies, egg white omelets, grapefruit, pb toast, yogurt, zucchini carrot muffins, whole wheat pancakes, breakfast burritos, overnight oats.

I like to do overnight oats for breakfast a lot because it takes two minutes to throw everything together the night before. Here is the link if you are interested, you can create your own as well, this is just to give you an idea. http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • cupcakealli87
    Options
    eggs! I mix it up quite a bit though. This morning I had a whole wheat pita with scrambled eggs and morning star "sausage" crumbles. YUM!
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1 shot espresso

A breakfast tonic consisting of:
    1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
    1 tbsp turmeric
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp cinnamon

The above combo will wake you up, has almost no calories, promotes thermogenesis and makes you feel full for hours.

I never eat breakfast, but if you feel the need to eat in the morning, the best breakfast is....... Leftovers from the night before. Start your day with some protein, a little veggies and some healthy carbs. It is not sexy, but it is balanced and better than most stand alone 'breakfast' items.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    my wifey says any breakfast I bring her to bed is healthy to her....of course that has more emotional benefits than health benefits :)

Your wife is a smart woman and you are a good husband!

I eat a lot of strange things for breakfast, I'm not always a breakfast-food kind of person, so sometimes it's just leftovers or if I feel like actual breakfast food, some scrambled aggs with cheese and turkey bacon.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is what I have most mornings:

1) 1.25 cups almond milk vanilla flavor
    2) 4TBS Hemp protein powder
    3) Amazing green supergrass (no not that kind of grass)
    4) Any type of fruit you may like
    5) Sometimes I put in Viv Blue powder for extra fiber

Mix all the above in a blender, plug nose (if you dont like the grassy smell) and enjoy

Other mornings when im lazy

Magically delicious Lucky Charm or Apple Jacks
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Like to eat smething different every day so I really mix it up but here are some of my faves--They run around 250-300 calories give or take:

1 oz. Cheerios or Shredded Wheat with 1/2 cup 2% milk or Almond Milk plus fruit (strawberries, blueberries,banana)

2 tbsp Peanut butter or 1 oz. cheese and an apple

2 eggs + 1 tsp 2% milk scrambled in the microwave with a slice of whole wheat toast and 2 tsp. margarine (w/no trans fats)

1 cup Greek yougurt and a cereal/granola bar

2 Eggo Nutrigrain waffles, 1 tbsp. margarine and 1 oz. pure maple syrup
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    Depends on whether you are exercising. But some basics are this: no breads, no sugars, no processed foods if possible, I eat fruit, vegetables and dairy: typically, two eggs with red and green bell peppers and onions (all sauteed). Fresh fruit (variety is important) no caffeine, and no cereals with sugar higher than fifth on the ingredients list. This morning I had broiled talapia, mandarin oranges, and 1/2 avocado with tomatilla sauce. My snacks were two slices of bacon and 1/2 cup mandarin orange slices prior to working out. Keep in mind I work out 90 minutes every morning. This includes cardio and resistance training so everyone has to adjust to goals, exercise regimen and types of food eaten and how often.
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    Try grapenuts or some other low sugar cereal with blueberries, raspberries or any kind of berries (mixed is also good) with 2 percent milk or mix the cereals and mix the fruits. If you need protein add some (depending on exercise schedule) also keep the ration of carbs:fats;protein to this ratio, 2:1:1.

Always find food you enjoy but it must meet the condition of being healthy (nutritious) and keep practicing.
  • kservia
    Options
    I eat anything really even non "breakfast" foods. Like today I had cookies. But when I'm being supper good I stick to a boiled egg, with oatmeal and sometimes I'll add 1/2 a grapefruit. If not that I'll do a can of tuna or a chicken breast with some green veggies like spinach or a cucumber. If I don't do oatmeal sometimes I'll have brown rice or Ezekiel bread with Jiff Natural peanut butter.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I like a multi-grain waffle with a smear of some sort of nut butter on it.

Like this morning I had that with 3 egg whites and a thin slice of cheese and a cup of diced pears. Good protein, good carbs, low sugar (no syrup added pears btw) and very filling.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt an english muffin, egg beaters and two strips of Canadian bacon is UNDER 200 calories.