Pleased to meet y'all!

Options
Hi everyone. I am Kelly, a SAHM mother to two school age boys, rambuncious and ornery. I am also a wife to my soul, my heart. My DH, Retired Senior Chief. We are trying to become accustomed to retired life after almost 20 years active duty. This has been a difficult road since October of last year...getting ready to retire, and then in January when we actually went on terminal leave. It has been a difficult time, and my weight ballooned by 32 lbs. I started almost two and a half years ago at 249.5, lost over 85 lbs and am now battling the same five lbs. I swore I would never become this big again, yet here I sit. I will accomplish this. I started walking yesterday and although I did "cheat" last night, kept myself accountable by tracking it. I added a little more to my walk today and feel good. I am trying to follow a lower carb WOE. We moved to Texas a few months ago and love it. It gets hot, but man alive....I think I was actually a Texan but somehow got transplanted to Pennsylvania. I am fighting many of the same demons as many others, while trying to settle and find a job. Regardless, life is great, I am healthy and I will prevail! :) I look forward to meeting y'all!

Replies

• Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Feel free to add me for support and motivation :)
  • rbeebee1
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Hope you accomplish all your goals :)
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! Please feel free to add me, it is nice to think there are so many like minded people out there, if you are like me you will appreciate any motivation you can get!
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You know you're from Texas when "all y'all' makes perfect sense :bigsmile:
  • Papadragonb
    Papadragonb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome...this is a great to to help you on your journey! Good luck!