When did you start to see a difference?

Options
How long did it take you to start to see a difference in your appearance/weight?
Did you ever want to give up?
What's your fave NSV?

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    About 2-3 weeks I saw improvements in my face and cardio.

My favorite NSV was dropping 2 pants sizes at once. Slid on some jeans that I never fit into 2 weeks ago :D
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    -a few weeks
    -yes, every time I went to bed starving
    -visible abs
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    After 20 lbs I could feel it in my joints. That's about the same time that I had to make a rotation to smaller clothes :)
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    After about 15lbs friends started to notice, first those who knew I was trying but very soon afterwards those who didnt. I started to feel a difference in my clothes shortly after that. Also almost immediately I had more energy.
    As for ME seeing a difference to be honest I still cant most of the time, apart from on my face.
  • sselraef
    sselraef Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    more energy sounds so nice :)
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    For me, when i very first noticed a difference was at about 20lbs. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Not too observant. At 50 lbs lost (If you need to lose that much) I started feeling human again.

For me, it gets harder to quit the more weight I lose. When I wake up every morning and see the new me, It just pumps me full of motivation to keep going. Starving for the first 5 days of the diet are the hardest because it feels like you are suffering for nothing.

I think my favorite part is being able to feel my collar and hip bones. I don't know why that makes me so happy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    After about 15 pounds or three months in, I started feeling really good about the changes I'd made, and from that point on, it snowballed.

At about 12 pounds, I didn't feel any different and was a little frustrated that my clothes "still fit the same," but in retrospect, I was able to wear ALL my clothes, rather than just my more... generous clothes. (IE, I had about a dozen pairs of jeans, and was only wearing two pair at my highest weight... 12 pounds got me back to where I was before that last "growth spurt" :laugh: and back in my regular clothes.)

But... I never felt like quitting because this wasn't about weight loss for me, it was about getting healthier. And while I wasn't shrinking like I hoped I would in that first 12 pounds, I did go from not being able to run at all to running 5k. And that felt better than any number on the scale.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    At the very beginning, I took my measurements from all over my body: neck, upper chest, bust, waist, both thighs, both calfs, both biceps. I continued to take my measurements every 25 lbs. I could see a huge difference in inches after the first 25. I bought new clothing after the first 30. I was so surprised in the changing room that first time. I went to my usual store for large sizes, and everything was too large. I had to go to a different store. I was actually shopping for size 14! After losing 60, I needed new clothing again. I was thrilled to be getting into size 10. My other clothing I donated to women's shelters (the professional suits) and Gooodwill.

I only have another 15 to go, and I am sure that I will need another clothing update, so I haven't bought a lot. Just the basics! I have noticed that I decreased a shoe size as well. Never thought I had fat feet!
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think you can start to see a difference when you loose 5-10 pounds. My fav NSV is when someone that doesn't know you're trying to loose weight compliments you on how you look and notices the loss! It keeps me motivated when people notice.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I lost 25#s (prior to MFP) earlier this year through walking around more, and I didn't really notice it until mid-summer, when my clothes started to get looser. I still feel the same mostly, so I can't trust the mirror to show my progress. There are times when I notice a more pronounced collarbone or more defined jawline/cheeks... then an hour later I feel fat again. So much of this is psychological, and I try to focus on the fact that I FEEL stronger and healthier.