Love this site.

Options
I have always been active athletically but also have always fought to keep a good weight. I graduated High School in 1968 weighing 165 pounds. For most of my adult years I have been able to keep my weight between 170 and 175 with only a few occasions where there was a need to take off 10-15 pounds to get back to that range. But I have always fought the battle.

With my frame, my ideal weight where I feel best and (I think) look best should still be around 165 pounds. It seems I've been adding about five pounds per year for the last five or six years without doing enough about it. Eventually I hit about 185 and even though I would diet occasionally and lose ten pounds or so, I never kept it off. Then I hit the 190 mark and even losing fifteen pounds only got me back to 175. Still ten pounds over ideal. Unfortunately, I kind of accepted 175 as my new "ideal" weight and then had to fight to stay there. (After having hit 190, 175 felt pretty good!) Then I found myself reaching 195 and suddenly dropping to 180 felt good! I felt destined to live with 180 as my new ideal weight. I thought "What the heck, for 60 years old I don't look THAT bad!"

Well, this past March I returned from vacation and got on the scale and saw 203! I started a diet that day and after losing about eight pounds, found myfitnesspal.com. I've lost another 28 pounds on the program and for the first time in almost fifteen years I'm back in the 160's! I feel fantastic!

I'm basically on maintenance now, staying between 166 and 168 for the last six or seven weeks but will hit the 165 mark this week. I still use the program daily and see no reason to stop.

I am a huge fan of myfitnesspal!

mc

Replies

• redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome I been using it for the last few months and have lost almost 40 pounds it def makes you more aware of everything you put in your mouth. Keep up with your training if you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site too. I was trying to lose weight for months and couldn't lose more than 2-3 pounds. Now I have lost 10 which was my first goal. Good luck!!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    This site is exactly what I needed. I actually use the i-phone app most. It’s always with me so it’s easy to track EVERYTHING.

I don’t have a big problem limiting what I eat – I needed an easy tool to help me track. Sometimes you think you are eating healthy, then you go and find out that you just consumed twenty bazillion calories. Weight Watchers just didn’t cut it. Having to figure out points, and writing them down and buying books that had a larger database of information. Blah, blah, bleagh.

This MFP thing? If I want to eat it I log it. It helps me plan my meals, and between this app and the USDA online nutrition info there is data on everything. The internet and its gift of access to data is definitely the life changing invention of my time.
  • mcinnamon
    mcinnamon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Nadia! I didn't answer sooner as I mostly use my Android app for entries and can't access the forum that way.

Congratulations on your success. Wow, almost 40 pounds!!! What kind of exercising are you doing along with your calorie control?

Marvin
  • MommaSparrow1928
    MommaSparrow1928 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've only been using this site for about a week now. So far (I did make some small changes to my habits before joining) I've lost 6.8 lbs. I still eat a lot of foods that I did in the past, but a lot less of them or having it sometimes as a treat.

My "ideal" weight is about 110, and I started at about 137 lbs..... I don't even know if I've ever weighed myself and seen 110 on the scale..... hoping to in the not so distant future :)
  • mcinnamon
    Options
    How's your progress? Still moving toward your goal weight?
  • mcinnamon
    Options
    I can't believe it's been four years since I last checked in. Well, this morning I weighed 163 lbs so I'm right where I was back then, but I'm embarrassed to admit I let myself go in between. After an injury, I couldn't run and quit working out. This January I got on the scale and saw 195! Well it was back on myfitnesspal.com that day! I've been maintaining between 160-163 since the first of June. I love this app and promote it whenever I can.