Fitbit or BodyMedia

Options
I have a bodymedia but cancelled my subscription. I see where fitbit once paid for has free use of the websites. Anyone have strong feelings one way or the other?

Replies

• cindyperry7
    Options
    Paid $100 for a fitbit. Worked ok for a while but I have only had it a few months and now it just stopped working. I haven't tried to contact fitbit about it because i don't have any of the information from my order. I am going to try out the bodymedia. It is supposed to be much more accurate than the fitbit anyway.
  • manifesto11
    manifesto11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Used bodymedia for 13 months until it shocked my arm and left a burn mark. The company said it was my fault for not cleaning it properly, then said it wasn't a burn at all. I work at a hospital and an ER physician confirmed it was an electrical burn. Don't think it happens very often, but just thought you should know.
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I recently got my Fitbit Ultra and I really enjoy it. Friends have been encouraging me to get it for a while and now it keeps me moving becasue I like to see the numbers growing. I would do a google search and read the online reviews to see what people say. You can also view how the unit it used on www.youtube.com. :smile:
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I own a BodyMedia...cancelled the subscripton too, it costs too much for what they offer.

During summer months you'll get a nice tan where that band goes and you'll be walking advertisement since people tend to ask what it is and expect you to explain.

On more than one occasion I've had people that know me ask what was wrong...because they assumed it was some sort of medical device (well, technically it is), thought it was a hormone patch etc. People think all kinds of strange things when they see it if they are unfamiliar.

I say that to say this...the FitBit is easier to conceal.

I have a Nike+ Fuelband, which you don't conceal but people who are unfamiliar see it and think Livestrong, support causes, activity - not "what is that health monitor...OMG is she sick"
  • cindyperry7
    Options
    Wow, not cool! Good to know. I decided to at least contact fitbit about the problems I am having to see if they can help me. Guess when my bodymedia comes in I will decide which one I like better. I really don't like the idea of wearing the arm band all the time.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit and love it. For your broken one just contact them. When I had an issue all they asked me is when and where I bought it and to send a picture and it was taken care of. I have seen many posts saying the same thing.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have them both and used the fitbit because it linked to MFP and the Bodymedia because it is the most accurate with calorie burn. Now that Bodymedia is now linked to MFP, the fitbit is actually starting to fall by the wayside of the bodymedia in my eyes.
  • cindyperry7
    Options
    "I use a fitbit and love it. For your broken one just contact them. When I had an issue all they asked me is when and where I bought it and to send a picture and it was taken care of. I have seen many posts saying the same thing."

Thanks, I've been in contact with them and I think they are going to let me return it for an exchange :)