Post Pregnancy Body Hang Ups!

Hello
Please have a look at this picture.

http://i45.tinypic.com/wv7215.jpg

This is just before I got pregnant
At the end of my pregnancy
and afterwards... Taken a month or so back.
I had a c-section 6 months ago.

I really want my body back, any mummies for any good suggestions... That worked for you?

Replies

• LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Aaawww! Sweetie. First of all congrats on bringing a beautiful bundle of joy into the world which is a true miracle. Your body went through hell. Nice job on waiting 6 mos. your body is definetly ready. One day at a time is the key. I started off walking, then upped it to jogging, then running. Using the bike, elliptical, and weights. I think the hardest was staying motivated with a new born. I was tired at times and just wanted to sleep. As my baby got older I used him in the workouts ex: doing arm lifts. Sometimes wasnt able to do outside activities, I had to get creative and do things indoors using furniture. Or workout sessions on tv or dvd. It's whatever works for you.
    You also look awesome after having a c-section. My tummy didnt look like that after my 1st. I've had 3. You can add me if you'd like.
  • I don't have the "apron" which I am happy about, it's like a little bulge at the bottom of my stomach.
    I have been doing light exercises from 12 weeks, I do lots of walking (depending on the weather) and last week I did a full week of Zumba, but this week I have started on the 30 day shred. I'm on Day 2 now. Have you managed to get back to pre pregnancy body? I'll add you now :) x
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    I got my 'pre-body' back and then some! I used to be a kind of box shape, after having the boys I found a waist and hips! The little mummy tummy may take some effort to get rid of but it is so worth it! Its all legs, legs, legs to burn the belly fat, the shred will definitely help and Im pretty sure some of the girlie lifters will pop in with some excellent advice (they are amazing, I havent been brave enough to try lifting yet) Right now Im doing a mix of the shred and yoga (Last years winter coat refused to budge)
    Best of luck and congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of giggles :flowerforyou:
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    I had gotten my pre body back, kept it off for a few years but gained so much weight this past year. I've had two C-sections. Check out the member OnMyWay4 (she's on my friends list) she's had three C sections, one being twins if I remember correctly, and her tummy is AMAZING now!

Edited to say: squats and stiff leg deadlifts will change your life, seriously try them! along with proper diet you will see your tummy slim down and tone so fast.
  • Right thanks girls! I will defo keep all that in mind! :)
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    I had c section with my first baby and she is 4 months old yesterday. I still have joint pains and tired as hell by nighttime as she is not sleeping through night and not taking bottle so I have to Bf exclusively. Sometimes I feel pain on sides of my scar

I come to mfp and search for possible post c section exercise routines but not able to do anything yet except little strolling in mall. but i do all the household chores. And have to move upstairs and downstairs above 20 times in a day. Pls help me how to start.

SORRY INSTEAD OF HELPING I'M ASKING FOR HELP, MAY BE WE CAN MAKE A GROUP
  • Hello hun :) I know that your suppose to wait 12 weeks before excising after a c-section and then you need to start off with gently exercises like walking... Did you not get a booklet in hospital? x
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Thats what i have still after my 2nd csection the lil bulge at the bottom, ive found that working out with kettlebells is making a major difference to it and really helping to tone my stomach up already, ive upped the weight now so hoping this will get rid of it completly, i love kettlebells i cant recommend them enough a good mix of cardio and strength training in one :-)
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    No I was not given any booklet and no detailed instructions.