PCOS

Options
Does anyone else have PCOS and finding it harder to lose??

Replies

• Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find it hard, other times its way more of a loss then i expected. My doctor thinks I have PCOS, but I also have other medical conditions to go along with that. Thyroid issues and Type 1 Diabetes etc.... so I cannot really say which Medical condition is a struggle with this process the most. The only thing I do is no matter what---- keep on trucking, no matter what the scale says. I know I'm eating healthier then before I starting using MFP, and that is a great feeling for me. I didn't get this way overnight, so I know I won't be at the finish line tomorrow. This is a journey, a marathon for me. As long as I am working in the right direction, I can live with that. It'll be good enough for ME. Best of luck to you and if anything know that every pound you lose, was worth the "blood, sweat and tears" :)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20's. I find that losing weight is rarely the problem. Keeping the weight off is another story. I find that I gain easily without constantly watching what I eat.
  • stjforeman
    Options
    Hi-

I also have PCOS and have found it very difficult to lose. The best way I have found to lose is to cut carbs and processed foods drastically. Even if I eat 1200 calories a day I won't lose unless it's 1200 calories of lean meats and veggies. I haven't mastered this yet but I figure the higher percentage of the time I can do it the better. Hope this helps!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find it hard, other times its way more of a loss then i expected. My doctor thinks I have PCOS, but I also have other medical conditions to go along with that. Thyroid issues and Type 1 Diabetes etc.... so I cannot really say which Medical condition is a struggle with this process the most. The only thing I do is no matter what---- keep on trucking, no matter what the scale says. I know I'm eating healthier then before I starting using MFP, and that is a great feeling for me. I didn't get this way overnight, so I know I won't be at the finish line tomorrow. This is a journey, a marathon for me. As long as I am working in the right direction, I can live with that. It'll be good enough for ME. Best of luck to you and if anything know that every pound you lose, was worth the "blood, sweat and tears" :)

If your doctor thinks you might have PCOS I'd highly recommend going for an ultrasound to see if there are any cysts at present. Ignoring them could lead to ovarian cancer.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i have self diagnosed myself and went to the dr she said descritpions sound like it, I lost 50 pounds, slowly. I am stuck right now. Plateaued for a year. I have been on metformin for a month now to see if it will work. But yes, I think it is harder to loose weight with it, but I do not use it as an excuse. I eat healthy, workout daily. But it is one of those challenges, of life I guess. Good luck :happy:
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I took metformin for 2 months to help me with my weight loss plateau last year, I started the third month--and I ended up pregnant with twins lol.