HRMs: Sportline Cardio 660 or Polar FT7

Options
2»

Replies

• thinktank32k
    Options
    polar. I have the FT4 and love it. I bought sportline returned it the next day, bought New Balance returned it the next day. Finally listened to the advice I was given and got it from bodytronics.com for under 60 bucks.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your great responses everyone! Does anyone else use it on a stationary bike? I know one person mentioned that the Polar HRM was picking up from the sensors on the bike and it would cause it to start over.... Anyone else have that problem?
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So how exactly does the chest strap work? How is it worn on the chest and do you wear it under or over your clothes?

Liz - Wear it under your clothes. Most women tuck it under the strap of their sports bra under their *ahem* chest. :p

Also, a tidbit I've read from a lot of people is to be sure to dampen the sensors on the strap just before putting it on so that it gets better traction to your skin and a better read of your HR.

Yes you will have to wet the chest belt, but it has a material on it that absorbs it so you won't even notice it. You will wear it just like a belt tucked under the girls. When your done you take the receiver off the belt and store it seperate from the watch to save battery life, per the instruction manual. It should be cheaper on bodytronics.com as someone mentioned I paid more for a specific color
  • fitzonegirl
    fitzonegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT7...I love it so far! I was concerned that I would not like the chest strap..but I don't notice it at all!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Thanks so much for your great responses everyone! Does anyone else use it on a stationary bike? I know one person mentioned that the Polar HRM was picking up from the sensors on the bike and it would cause it to start over.... Anyone else have that problem?

Nope, I love that it picks up on most of the cardio equipment in the gym. No need to fidget with my watch to see heart rate, it is right there on the monitor. I promise you, you wont be disappointed. The strap is very comfortable and you get a better read of calories burned. Oh yeah I am not sure but the promo code for bodytonics.com was POPO when I bought mine at the beginning of April.
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Nope, I love that it picks up on most of the cardio equipment in the gym. No need to fidget with my watch to see heart rate, it is right there on the monitor. I promise you, you wont be disappointed. The strap is very comfortable and you get a better read of calories burned. Oh yeah I am not sure but the promo code for bodytonics.com was POPO when I bought mine at the beginning of April.

POPO? Are these HRM hot? :noway:
  • LadyElby
    Options

Thanks! Yea, I'm pretty much sold on the polar... Now the question is, is it necessary to spend the extra $$$ for the FT7 as opposed to the FT4. I just wonder how much better is it... But really, it's only a little more, so I might just splurge. :)
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Alright Kiddos, I did it! I bought the Polar FT7! I'm so excited, can't wait to start working out with my new HRM.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I just got an FT7 at the base, can't wait to set it up and use it!!
  • guyfromdogtown
    guyfromdogtown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im kinda late to this thread,but i just bought the sc660. it seems like you pay more money for the polar,and get same functions from the 660. it was my first time using it today,and i am really pleased with it. :)
  • dudleystadler
    dudleystadler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have been using the 660 mainly for its pairing to runtastic which will automatically post here for your exercising.
    it comes with an attachment for your phone that will use its gps to track in runtastic.
  • Outlawhorses
    Outlawhorses Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same question..most of mine is also on a stationary bike....I just bought the cardio 660 still trying to figure it out if this one is the right one....now am really unsure after seeing this thread if I didn't choose wrong...