When do you weigh yourself?

Options
I'm of the belief you should weigh yourself at night after the day as this is your true weight.

Some people wait until you've fasted the night before, make sure you clear out waste and then weigh yourself.

What do you think?

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I eat too much at once to like the number at the end of the day. I like the weigh-in on weekdays in the morning. I don't like the weekends because I have eaten so close to bedtime that that weight will carry over to the next morning. When I have my sleeping "fasts" I find that the weight is more reproducible than if I did at night.

I'm a little weighing obsessed, I do it daily, sometimes two to three times, it is an unhealthy addiction.
  • tjmist
    tjmist Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and this is the weight I log, on occasion I'll weigh myself at the end of the day just to see how my body responds but I don't log that weight whether its less or more
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I log in my morning weight. However, I weigh daily throughout the day. I can typically tell by my evening weight, what I will weigh in the morning. I am in maintenance.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings is when I weigh. Because I feel like if I weigh at night, it's not really what I weigh because usually I ate something recently.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Some people wait until you've fasted the night before, make sure you clear out waste and then weigh yourself.

I do this.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    At night is fine so long as a person maintains a regular eating schedule, exercise schedule, and caloric intake. Otherwise, it's the worst time because the standard deviation will be relatively large day-over-day..

I prefer the morning because the standard deviation is relatively small.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning good or bad, keeps me accountable for over eating over the weekend !
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    every two weeks before breakfast and after a dump.

I don't quite get weighing yourself every day, it seems a bit obsessive and possibly demoralising.

on the flip the more information you can get the better I guess.
  • eoliver127
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after been at the loo and before breakfast only logging my weight once a week as our body weight does tend to go up and down a pound or two each day.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend a night weigh in as you drank alot of fluid during the day and water weighs alot!.. Do a morning weigh in before you eat. I believe that is the true weight you are.
  • Bellemorte24
    Bellemorte24 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Never. But I should!
  • SKINNYMESOON2B
    SKINNYMESOON2B Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm so pathetic when it comes to the scale. I weigh myself first thing in the morning after i go pee (naked - 8-} ) then again after breakfast then once more before bed. I know its too much but I wanna make sure I didn't eat too much during the day and make sure im either right around or less then the days before.
  • mreuvers
    mreuvers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self in the morning, hopefully after dropping the kids off at the pool (nudge nudge, wink wink).
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    In the morning. I don't think an end-of-day weight is your true weight. It will include the food you ate that day and the fluids you drank, a good portion of which is going to move on through you within 24 hours. I think the morning is a better indication of what is just me.
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Friday morning right after I use the restroom, won't even drink water before I do.
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    To record my weight, I weigh myself every Monday morning as soon as I wake up and before I eat or drink. I won't say I don't sneak a few daily weigh-ins, but I don't usually record them.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I very seldom weigh myself but if I do its in the morning hence the 4 lb weight loss :) I used to eight myslef all the time it made me crazy I go more by inches and how my clothes feel.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning after the first morning pee.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Wednesday at 6am. I used to weigh on Mondays but man weekends made for bad news. I don't get enough fluids in on the weekends and that's usually when I'll have saltier foods :(
  • tdhandy51
    tdhandy51 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning before I eat and after doing all my morning activities. For me it gives me a more stable weight. Over different periods of time, sometimes I stay at a weight for awhile, other times I lose weight, usually at a variable rate.:smile: