discouraged

Options
I just started MFP last week, still haven't lost anything. I'm getting discouraged, I guess I'm being a little impatient.

Replies

• ddossantos76
    Options
    Don't get discouraged so easily! Keep going! It'll be tough but if you just press through this I am sure you will start seeing results. Give it a few weeks. If you see that there hasn't been much change, rethink your plan of action. Maybe start to do more workouts, try out new recipes. You can do it, just don't give up!
  • Miki817
    Options
    Like 'dd' said. Don't get discouraged yet. Have you lost inches?
  • joodles821
    joodles821 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I haven't measured myself yet.
  • joodles821
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged...as the adage goes "you didn't gain it all at once, you won't lose it all at once."

Be kind to yourself. Positive life changing behaviours take time to become a natural part of our lives.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 weeks before I saw any action. I looked at my diary and made adjustments in what I was doing then off it (the weight) went.:laugh:
  • Girowinters
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! If it took a while to put the weight on, it will take a while to get it off and keep it off. My progress is slooow but is happening. Add me if you like, though I'm not on the boards too much.
  • susanm160
    Options
    Hang in there. It takes a while for your body to readjust to a new eating stlye and exercise regime. All of a sudden when your body readjusts the weight will start coming off. My trainer always tells me to stay away from the scale and measure inches lost instead. It is better for the ego and boosts the will power.
  • joodles821
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • SacTownLifter
    SacTownLifter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. After years of false starts and losing the same 15-20 over and over again, I've lost 70 lbs. YOU CAN DO IT! I realized that I didn't just get 100 lbs overweight on accident. I had tons of terrible habits. I began to change one bad habit at a time. You can to.

Give yourself some credit just for being on MFP.

One day at time.

Best,

Leland