What am I doing wrong????

Options
I'm 227 lbs. a girl that was somewhat active with slo- pitch and loooved my beer.
Since September 10 th I stopped drinking. Eating 1200 calories a day and working out 4-5 times a week.

Now in my mind, cutting out my alcohol alone should start to show me some good weightloss.
So with that eating less calories and working out I would be seeing big weight loss and inches.

I have only saw 13 lbs lost, 3 inches off waist, .5 off arm and .5 off thigh.

Am I crazy to think I should see more?
Am I just jinxed with a slow weight loss??

Please help. What am I doing wrong

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    In 5 weeks, you've lost 13lbs. That's more than 2lbs per week- you're doing great.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 227 lbs. a girl that was somewhat active with slo- pitch and loooved my beer.
    Since September 10 th I stopped drinking. Eating 1200 calories a day and working out 4-5 times a week.

Now in my mind, cutting out my alcohol alone should start to show me some good weightloss.
    So with that eating less calories and working out I would be seeing big weight loss and inches.

I have only saw 13 lbs lost, 3 inches off waist, .5 off arm and .5 off thigh.

Am I crazy to think I should see more?
    Am I just jinxed with a slow weight loss??

Please help. What am I doing wrong

seriously?!? You think you have done something WRONG because you are only seeing an average of a 3lbs loss per week? You should be ecstatic to see that much! I have been on my journey for almost 9 months, 6 of them on a lower carb diet, and have just recently hit the 30lb lost mark. I bust *kitten* at the gym 4x per week....
  • raj83168
    Options
    You are doing just fine! Just pace yourself & avoid quick weight loss techniques, unless critical.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    you might want to get more accurate logging your food though. I took a look at your diary and there are days missing, and other days with mostly quick add calories.
    If you're that active, you can eat a little more- make it lean protein though.... you're not eating very much of it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    You didn't put all that weight on all at once....its not going to come off all at once.
  • wendiewildthing
    wendiewildthing Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There right your doing everything right and loosing at the right pace to u dont want to loose to fast because your body needs to tone as you loose if u loose to fast you will have flab and make sure you drink 8 glasses of water a day that really helps your body keep going ;)
  • meredith2780
    Options
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong. 13 lbs in 5 weeks, that's awesome! You should be proud of what you've accomplished. Look at how far you've come instead of thinking about where you should be that might not be realistic. You are doing amazing. Hang in there. Losing weight is a life change and will take time. :)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Do you know how tough it is to lose 3 inches off your waist? You done phenomenally well.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes your logging is not good at all- the others are correct, log correctly and eat good food, no processed. You are losing at a good rate, slow and steady- hard to remember when u want it off now. If u lose to fast by starving you WILL gain it back and ur skin will not be forgiving either.
  • 5iver
    5iver Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My logging I see now is poor! Hope it gets easier as I do find it confusing at times
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You are not doing anything wrong. Keep doing what you are doing. Most people will only see 1 pound lost per week. One pound per week is a very realistic goal. You have done so much more than that. What a bonus!!!
  • chelseaautumn
    chelseaautumn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To echo some of the others, make sure that you are eating whole foods... even though calories are on target, if you are still putting lots of process foods in your body and not GREAT nutrition, it can think you are starving--even if calorically you are getting enough. Other than that, I would LOVE to lose 13 pounds in a month. It has taken me since JULY to lose 13 pounds!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! 3 pounds a week is awesome! Keep in mind, though, that as you get closer to goal, the weight will come off much slower, so don't be shocked or think that there is something wrong with you.