Detox / WEight loss tea

Options
Hi MFPers!

I have my sister's wedding in a week and I deperately want to feel and look good for it! I don't need to lose a heap of weight (thank God - a week isn't really enough time!) - but if I could drop 1.5 or so kg that would be great. I usually lose weight pretty easily if I'm strict. The problem is be saying no to sweets and controlling my snacking!

Anyway I am thinking of doing a 5 day detox starting tomorrow - cutting out processed food completely. Detox type clean eating diet. I know this isn't completely maintable for me but it will help me trim down for next weekend I hope.

Does anybody have recommendations for a good detox/weight loss tea that i could drink while doing it? I live in Australia so hopefully one that I can buy here. Thanks!

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    take a diuretic and dont drink anything you will easily lose the weight
  • jane987
    jane987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Do you mean like a laxative tea or something?
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    Get a spray tan and drink some water. You will glow!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Do you mean like a laxative tea or something?

diuretics are water pills... some are prescribed and some are sold over the counter
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Why would you torture yourself that way? If it's just a push down until after the event, then why bother? If youre genuinely concerned, do something more long term, sustainable and healthier for your body. Yikes :S
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    All you're going to do is lose a bunch of water weight and feel like crap. Just carry on eating healthy and it is what it is. No one will notice a 5 lb loss even if you manage it and you'll feel a whole lot better to enjoy the special day if you haven't been starving yourself for the week before.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    drink only mayonaise and cyanne pepper until the wedding.

the day before, get a colonic and you will reach your goal for sure.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    do a juice cleanse.. u could lose five pounds in pounds days. U don't have to go super strict doing it for breakfast lunch and dinner. Just do breakfast and mayb dinner. U can do a green juice cleanse. If u don't have a juicer... try a vegetable smoothie. U will still lose.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Just buy some SPANX and squeeze your bod into them. You'll look like you lost weight.
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Parsley tea works ilke a diuretic w/o medication - buy dry parsley in bulk or even in the spice section of your grocery store and simmer it like you would tea leaves. You'd think parsley would be just as effective but I've always just drank the tea.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    drink only mayonaise and cyanne pepper until the wedding.

the day before, get a colonic and you will reach your goal for sure.
  • LetsDoThis103
    Options
    I do NOT recommend laxative teas. They give you unbearable diarrhea and are extremely addicting.
  • ihavnohart
    Options
    That will dehydrate you and could bring on real medical problems like renal failure.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You won't lose any real fat just water at this point. Deal with the fact that you started too late and carry on. Maybe after the wedding you'll take this seriously and do it the right way. Good luck!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Just buy some SPANX and squeeze your bod into them. Your look like you lost weight.

This is actually the most meaningful advice you can get. You're not going to lose any meaningful FAT doing a silly detox/clease thing.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I do NOT recommend laxative teas. They give you unbearable diarrhea and are extremely addicting.

yah, laxatives work waaay better, especially with chopped raw chilli on dry toast every time you feel hungry, or arn't on the toilet. its called the ring of fire cleanse.
  • jane987
    Options
    Geez people - settle down! I've already lost 6kg - I'm 56kg and 175cm tall so I'm by no means fat. I do take healthy eating seriously - just had a couple of bad days so I am wanting to be super strict the week leading up to the wedding.

I will not be 'torturing myself' or resorting to nibbling on mayonaise and cayenne pepper.
  • jane987
    Options

yah, laxatives work waaay better, especially with chopped raw chilli on dry toast every time you feel hungry, or arn't on the toilet. its called the ring of fire cleanse.

I actually like raw chilli. You should really give your own amazing suggestions a go before recommending them though
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    Just buy some SPANX and squeeze your bod into them. You'll look like you lost weight.

This
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I heard the Jillian Micheals detox cleanse is great.

Supposedly you lose like 5 lbs in water weight in a week.

60 oz distilled water
    1 T 100% pure cranberry juice (no sugar added, non-cocktail)
    2 T lemon juice
    1 dandelion root tea bag

Thats the recipe. :3
    I've never tried it but i've always wanted to. 9-9