calorie profile

Options
is there a certain amount of each food you should eat each day,,,such as protein,,carbs etc and where do i find this

Replies

• FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals I eat 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fats.

I've been blogging my fitness and nutrition for a while now and I've got an article here that talks about what ratios you should look for: http://teamfightinggenetics.com/nutrition/

if you have any questions please feel free to post comments on that site. I'd love to help.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    100g of carbs per day, about 1g per lb bodyweight for protein, and natural fats.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/one_hundred_gram_carb_cure
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    What @FightingGenetics wrote...

My goals are 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat...this is based on a recommendations for those with diabetes (from MY doctor, yours may have you do something different)

You will find it under "settings."
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You can change your profile setting to show you up to 4 categories your goals and your actual counts. I have mine set to show me my carbs, protein, fat and sodium. You can also manually change the ratio's under one section I think the goals?
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm on my mobile but if u look under charts it will show u what MFP set your cals,fat,protein at;)
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

My goals are 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat...this is based on a recommendations for those with diabetes (from MY doctor, yours may have you do something different)

^^^^ this- settings I have my proteins set higher than that however because carbs and my waistline do not get along well and I just started strength training.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options

^^^^ this- settings I have my proteins set higher than that however because carbs and my waistline do not get along well and I just started strength training.

50% carbs is too much, I'm sure he meant 50% protein and 30% carbs, which is about the right ratio of aiming for 100g carbs a day or just under.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options

50% carbs is too much, I'm sure he meant 50% protein and 30% carbs, which is about the right ratio of aiming for 100g carbs a day or just under.

50% carbs may be "Too much" for you, this is where my Doctor wants me. It may change in future, I dunno.