Workout Music

Options
I'm one of those people who NEED to have music to workout to, but I'm having a hard time putting together a playlist with fast "pump up" music
So heres a question for you all, what songs/music do you like to listen to while you workout?
Personally I'm a fan of all genres, from screamo to country, anything with a quick beat and usually loud bass
Any suggestions out there?
(ps still a newbie, joined last night, feel free to add me)

Replies

• Gillian1913
    Gillian1913 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Here's a great place to go to get some free mixes- rockmyrun.com- all types of per-made genre variety mixes you can download.

Hope this helps.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora app. I created several stations to listen during my workouts. Dubstep is great for workouts. There is a Hard Rock Strength Training Station. And, my personal favorite, Prodigy station.
  • ickaboo3
    Options
    Thank you! i will check this site out ^
  • Gillian1913
    Gillian1913 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you think about it let me know you're thoughts or if it worked for you.
  • nancyakeane
    Options
    I hear ya...nothin better to get you moving like a good beat. I teach a cardio kickboxing class and have a lot of good songs..I'd just search on itunes ....Pitbull has a lot of good pumpin music(love him)..also Rihanna(where have you been), Chris Brown, David Ghetta, Christina Aguilara (Candyman-its older song), also like to throw in some Michael Jackson, John Mellancamp. I'll look on my ipod and get you some other fun songs I have....can't think of the names right now. Hope that gets you some ideas??? :happy:
  • SycReid
    SycReid Posts: 14
    Options
    Use songs that have the fast tempo or rhythm. Last year, our physical education professor plays fast upbeats songs. Anything like that. He thinks we cheat if we play the slow ones. Lol.

I think my favorite song is "I Got It From My Mama" by Will.I.Am. C: Any song will do though. C:
  • Storkette79
    Options
    MUST have music :) My absolute fave that makes me run is Antidote (Knife party and swedish house mafia)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    skip Pandora and download the FitRadio app. A dozen genres, all made into continuous workout mixes. New stuff, old stuff, fast stuff, chil stuff. As you find DJs you like you can just listen to their mixes and they'll keep adding new music. It's great. And free
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Something old, something new... I shuffle these at the moment.

Current Run list: Champion, The Chevin
    Best of Me/ Nth Degree, Morningwood
    ~ Anything by RHCP, They are my favorite!!!!
    She Wolf, Shakira
    Hung Up/ 4 Minutes, Madonna
    A Girl Like You, The Smithereens
    The Way I are, Timbaland
    ~ Anything by White Stripes, Love em!
    Rock The Casbah, The Clash
    Lose Yourself, Eminem
    The One Thing, INXS
    Modern Way, Kaiser Chiefs
    Part of Me, Katy Perry
    Midnight City, M83
    Song 2, Blur
    Wonderful Life, Gwen Stefani
    Kids, MGMT
    Hey Ya'!, Andree 3000
    Stereo Hearts, Gym Class Heroes
    You Make Me Feel..., Cobra Starship
    One More Night/ Payphone, Maroon 5
    Whiskey In The Jar, Metallica
    Pump It, The Black Eyed Peas
    Right Round, Flo Rida
    Bring Night, Sia
    So Good, B.o.B.
    Drive By, Train
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Winds of Plague, Combichrist, Hatebreed, Rammstein, Five Finger Death Punch, Emmure, Despised Icon.

Pick any of those bands, and you have one hell of a workout playlist to start with. If you can listen to the American Capitalist album by FFDP without whipping yourself like a rented mule, you're doing something wrong. :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It's still Team America - Montage. ;)