"lean" pocket vs. triple chocolate cheesecake

Options
Just wanted to put this out there: There are more calories and more carbs in a "lean" pocket (mesquite bbq chicken) than there are in a slice of triple chocolate cheesecake! :noway: How can they put the word "lean" on the box??? Just sayin...

Replies

• jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The main difference is a lean pocket is supposed to be a meal where as the cheesecake is only a part of a meal or a snack. Also the Lean Pocket gives you more nutritional value for your buck versus cheesecake which is essentially all fat and sugar. Calories are a good overall way to look at things but have to compare everything to get down to the nitty gritty.
  • kjjbean
    kjjbean Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll take triple chocolate cheesecake over a lean pocket any day :tongue:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Depends on the purpose for eating. But I know what you are saying, just because the label says "lean" doesn't mean it is. I say, the more layers to the packaging, the less healthy the food, in general. Nature does the packaging best!!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I can't even imagine the sodium levels in that "lean" pocket too. Think of the horrid levels in regular hot pockets!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    any of the "pocket" meals aren't satisfying to me, so it's understandable. I've never felt good after eating one
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    any of the "pocket" meals aren't satisfying to me, so it's understandable. I've never felt good after eating one

Take a good hard look at the ingredients list, and look up the ones that you don't know what they are. After this, all shall become clear. ;)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    What triple chocolate cheesecake are you talking about honestly? Because I'm thinking cheesecake factory and that's well over 1000 calories whereas a lean pocket is like 300-400 calories .........
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    The main difference is a lean pocket is supposed to be a meal where as the cheesecake is only a part of a meal or a snack. Also the Lean Pocket gives you more nutritional value for your buck versus cheesecake which is essentially all fat and sugar. Calories are a good overall way to look at things but have to compare everything to get down to the nitty gritty.

Not true. When I have cheesecake in the house, that's breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next 3 days.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options
    What triple chocolate cheesecake are you talking about honestly? Because I'm thinking cheesecake factory and that's well over 1000 calories whereas a lean pocket is like 300-400 calories .........

The OP is talking about carbs, not cals....unless it was a typo in their post. If they meant cals, I call bullish!t, but carbs I don't doubt.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    2 of the chicken bbq lean pockets have 500 calories, 250 calories in each individual package..

Where is this cheesecake you speak of?
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

The OP is talking about carbs, not cals....unless it was a typo in their post. If they meant cals, I call bullish!t, but carbs I don't doubt.
    OP mentions "more calories and carbs" so I'm pretty sure they meant calories (as well as carbs).

And cheesecakes aren't that low in carbs either. All that sugar...
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Carbs probably since that's a pretzel lean pocket but no way on the calories
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    2 of the chicken bbq lean pockets have 500 calories, 250 calories in each individual package..

Where is this cheesecake you speak of?

THIS..please let me know where I can find cheesecake for only 250 calories that is more than a bite! LOL
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'll pass on both!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options

OP mentions "more calories and carbs" so I'm pretty sure they meant calories (as well as carbs).

And cheesecakes aren't that low in carbs either. All that sugar...

You're right, I skipped over the cals part. Sorry person I originally quoted.

Cheesecake does have sugar, but I have found multiple times that the sweet items I eat are lower in carbs than breads, pasta, etc. As far as it having more cals, bs. Unless the cheesecake in question was made with diabetic chocolate, ff cream cheese, no crust, and only fake sweeteners. But then it would be cheesecrap instead of cheesecake.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    what kind of triple chocolate cheesecake? authentic cheesecake is about 880 cals/slice, last time i did the math on it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'll take triple chocolate cheesecake over a lean pocket any day :tongue:

Seriously. Lean pockets are gross - but cheesecake - YUMMMMMMY!!!
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    i dont know if it has already been said, but complex foods use more energy by your body to digest them so you actually burn calories eating it. whereas refined things (like the cake) dont take much energy to digest. i dont really know what you mean by pocket so not sure if this applies.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    You're right, I skipped over the cals part. Sorry person I originally quoted.

Cheesecake does have sugar, but I have found multiple times that the sweet items I eat are lower in carbs than breads, pasta, etc. As far as it having more cals, bs. Unless the cheesecake in question was made with diabetic chocolate, ff cream cheese, no crust, and only fake sweeteners. But then it would be cheesecrap instead of cheesecake.

Or Crapcake.

I'm still literally laughing out loud.
  • c_fulford
    Options
    Variety Cheesecake Sampler from the bakery at WalMart:
    Serving size: 2 slices
    Calories: 440
    Total fat: 28g
    Total carbs: 41g
    Protein: 6g

And thanks for the couple of RUDE COMMENTS - makes me feel very welcome as a new member on this site :happy: