I'll admit it, I'm vain.

Options
I've only been on MFP for a couple of weeks, but after reading everyone's healthy goals (to run a marathon, have 0%body fat, bench press a small building, etc) I'm begining to wonder....am I the only one who just wants to look better? Sure, I'm getting older and I don't want my bones to snap like twigs, but what I REALLY want is to look in the mirror after I put on a pair of jeans and not be terrorized by my muffin top!

Don't get me wrong, health is great, and it might take me longer than you to take the weight off, but I don't see myself eating chia seeds or stressing over how much vitamin A I took in since last Tuesday.

So, I'm admitting it straight out. I'm tired of being fat and I want to look better in my clothes...first and foremost. Am I the only one?

Kelly

Replies

• BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Not at all. I'm focusing on getting back into running shape, but that's because I felt confident in my skin then. I do not now. I want to lose pounds for my own vain reasons, haha!
  • doriaj01
    doriaj01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!! Yeah I want to be healthy and live long but i really want to look smokin' hot on my 30th birthday! (82 days away)
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not even a bit ashamed to admit it. My Lower blood pressure and greater bone density are drag along ancillary benefits, not the primary goal.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I would love to bench press a building, just sayin.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I just work out so that my improving physique makes all of your lives more visually satisfying. I'm selfless like that.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not the only one! I :heart: looking at myself in the mirror now! Ha ha!!!
  • sugarterminator
    Options
    Me too. I want to look hot by the time I turn 40! (November 2013)
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just work out so that my improving physique makes all of your lives more visually satisfying. I'm selfless like that.

Some people like this are just givers! It is duly noted and appreciated.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I would love to bench press a building, just sayin.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Really, when you think about it, appearance is nothing more than a product of health. How many unhealthy attractive people have you seen? None. You may see someone who is unhealthy and give them a second thought, but when was the last time you saw one and really though "DAAAAAMN!" Probably never, unless the tubby mofo was driving a $100,000 car.

How well a person takes care of their body is reflected everywhere, not just in the pants size.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank god there are other vain b!tche$ out there, I was begining to think I was alone! I could use some more "friends" to keep me accountable, so please add me if you will. Soon we will all have fabulous butts and wear our skinny jeans proudly.

Now I am going to go finish my cocktail...(don't judge, I logged it). Hmmm, how much vitamin A is in Rum do you think?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    What is healthy and unhealthy?

healthy -> running a 5k in under 25 minutes

unhealthy -> running a 5k in under 25 minutes while drinking a gallon of bleach
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I've only been on MFP for a couple of weeks, but after reading everyone's healthy goals (to run a marathon, have 0%body fat, bench press a small building, etc) I'm begining to wonder....am I the only one who just wants to look better? Sure, I'm getting older and I don't want my bones to snap like twigs, but what I REALLY want is to look in the mirror after I put on a pair of jeans and not be terrorized by my muffin top!

Don't get me wrong, health is great, and it might take me longer than you to take the weight off, but I don't see myself eating chia seeds or stressing over how much vitamin A I took in since last Tuesday.

So, I'm admitting it straight out. I'm tired of being fat and I want to look better in my clothes...first and foremost. Am I the only one?

Kelly

this is me to a T.

I really have NO inclination to do a marathon, nor do I want to be buffer than Arnie. I just want to banish the muffin top and look nice in my clothes so that is my focus. The other benefits from some exercise and better eating are happy added bonuses for me.
  • cartoonfruit
    Options
    lol yeah, I just want to be skinny too! but it seems that if I'm going to be modifying my food intake and stuff, I might as well make it healthy (but ceebs superfoods. they're expensive)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. XD

I'm hesitant to admit it because it really does feel like no one else is doing it for the same reasons I am. Haha. There's a reason I only watch my calories and nothing else: I'm a narcissist and I need to look the way I do in my head.

I'm sure just eating less in general will cut down on all the junky stuff I shouldn't be eating so... whatever! Everything else is bonus points~
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You and I must have come out of the same mold! I don't want to run, or jump or bench press anything. I just want to be happy with my looks and be healthy. I don't want to be a model.............I guess I just don't want to be noticed. I always feel like I am being looked at and judged. I just want to be the lady in the mall that no one notices. Not too thin and not too heavy. I would be happy in a size 12! Good Luck to both of us! :flowerforyou:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I'm hesitant to admit it because it really does feel like no one else is doing it for the same reasons I am. Haha. There's a reason I only watch my calories and nothing else: I'm a narcissist and I need to look the way I do in my head.

I'm sure just eating less in general will cut down on all the junky stuff I shouldn't be eating so... whatever! Everything else is bonus points~

Don't worry, I do the same. I want to wear shorts for the first time in my adult life without feeling like my thighs are applauding me as I walk. I also want to wear skirts and sweater dresses.
  • love_
    love_ Posts: 25
    Options
    Haha! I definitely feel you on wanting to look great in clothes. I feel the same way. I know there might be other alternatives to losing weight and much more quickly but I also know that nothing looks as good on us like GOOD HEALTH. Lol I'm not sure it would be considered being vain but more so having to do with gaining confidence. Nothing wrong with that. :)
  • FatGruff
    Options
    I'm begining to wonder....am I the only one who just wants to look better?

One of my main reasons is this! I don't need any more beer gut vacation snaps, or b-cup boobs when I bend over. I wanna look good, and you are not alone there! :ohwell:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Oh, and when I get to my goal weight, or close to it, I'm going to order a pizza and answer the door wearing nothing but a T Shirt and undies. That delivery person won't even want a tip after a show like that.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Don't worry, I do the same. I want to wear shorts for the first time in my adult life without feeling like my thighs are applauding me as I walk. I also want to wear skirts and sweater dresses.
    Agh, seriously! Thiiiighs are the worst. All my jeans are in tatters thanks to those mofos. >\