When will my suggested calorie intake adjust down?

Options
I have lost 10 pounds so far since joing MFP ( YEAH!!!) and was wondering when the suggested calories will move down to adjust to my new weight....I figured it would happen at 10 and did not

Part B...how often will it adjust down.

Julia

Replies

• hollandlop
    Options
    i don't think mfp does that..i think just 1200 cals..... plus if you want to eat the calories you burned from working out.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think you have to go back and reset your goals (it doesn't do it for you). When I got to a certain weight it asked me if I wanted to reset my goals and I did. Just go back and do that every so often to make sure you're eating the right amount of calories.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think you have to go back and reset your goals (it doesn't do it for you). When I got to a certain weight it asked me if I wanted to reset my goals and I did. Just go back and do that every so often to make sure you're eating the right amount of calories.

And it won't ever go below 1200--that's the very minimum that your body needs! :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you are at 1200 MFP will not suggest going lower, if you are above 1200 you will be prompted to see if you want to adjust your goals, but you can change them any time in the settings section
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mine adjusted today at a 14lb loss. I hit 10lb loss last week and it didn't adjust. The message I got was something like "... you've lost more than 10lbs...etc...do you want to adjust...." I cant remember the exact wording, but I did the adjustment only after I was over a 10lb loss.
  • JuliaSoCal
    Options
    hmmmm...down 13 pounds and it has not adjusted down....

Julia