How to real lean??

Options
hi everyone, looking for some guidance on diet and training.
My current weight 185 lbs
Height 5'9
Bf I guess around 20%

At present I'm doing cardio at least 3 times a week, I also just started to follow GSP rush fit homework out DVD. I'm pretty good on my calorie goals around 1700 to 1800 per day. My macro's are 50c 25p 25f. I eat a varied fresh diet Inc fruit veg lean proteins. My fats are mostly sources from oily fish, mixed nuts and eggs.

I want to ensure that my body is in optimum fat burning mode, I've done low carb diets in the past and I'm not really prepared to take that path again. I'm not as strong now, around 3 years I was into lifting and I could bench 115k for 3 reps.

I want to get my body fat under 10% any help much appreciated :)

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    20% body fat is LEAN already. are you sure thats what you're around? 10% is at bodybuilder status

female-body-fat-percentage-pictures.jpg
    body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    Love the pics oxjennalee!!!! Really puts it into perspective!!!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    20% body fat is LEAN already. are you sure thats what you're around? 10% is at bodybuilder status

If those pictures are close to what my body should look like at those %s then I am between 20% and 25%. I like the tights on the girl with 30%.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Im pretty sure the OP is a guy and bf% for guys can be much lower than girls.
    OP: Good luck! I think you should be eating more protein.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    whoops! Totally missed that part. I thought I was posting in a group lol.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options

WOW - I am being a bit naughty here and replying to this so these pics hit my wall for others to be able to see
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

That would be correct (on both fronts unless you know women named Craig). I am a male at 21% BF and still have plenty of jiggle all over the place. A male cannot call themselves even remotely lean until they are sub 15%. Below 10% is actually what I would call lean for a male.
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Up your protein intake and start lifting heavy again. You want to preserve as much muscle as possible if not create more. Continue eating at a deficit. As long as you are sending signals to your body to lose weight, but that you need muscle, you will gradually lean out.

Pick up a cheap set of bodyfat calipers. It is extremely difficult to guess at BF%, and using weight and body measurements is highly inaccurate.
  • Craigberrow
    Craigberrow Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Lol, absolutely love this, but I'm a man. Holy **** balls if turn into a bird I'm quitting this diet tonight. Still chuckeling as I'm typing. But yer my bf is around 20%
  • Craigberrow
    Options
    Up your protein intake and start lifting heavy again. You want to preserve as much muscle as possible if not create more. Continue eating at a deficit. As long as you are sending signals to your body to lose weight, but that you need muscle, you will gradually lean out.

Pick up a cheap set of bodyfat calipers. It is extremely difficult to guess at BF%, and using weight and body measurements is highly inaccurate.

I live near the Celtic manor Hotle that's where the Ryder cup was held in Wales. The guys in the gym measured my bf at 22% about a year ago and I've drop nearly a stone so I hope it's more fat than muscle. But your point taken about lifting, was going to wait until after Xmas, maybe I should bring it forward.
  • Craigberrow
    Options
    I live near the Celtic manor Hotle that's where the Ryder cup was held in Wales. The guys in the gym measured my bf at 22% about a year ago and I've drop nearly a stone so I hope it's more fat than muscle. But your point taken about lifting, was going to wait until after Xmas, maybe I should bring it forward.
    [/quote]

*that's hotel btw lol
  • Craigberrow
    Options

Yep, your right I'm a guy. And have been laughing my *kitten* off for last hour :)