33kg (74lbs) down pics and story

Options
Thought about doing this because one of my new friends was talking about taking her "before" pics and I thought i should be brave and upload mine. So here is the story:

30yo, 8 days out of hospital when I started using MFP - Bilateral pulmonary embolisms (blood clots lodged in my lungs) nearly killed me while I was working in a remote location in Mali in West Africa - one of the risk factors was being over weight. BMI over 30 is an ongoing elevated risk for further pulmonary embolism or DVT (deep Vein Thrombosis).

15/02/2012 - Pre PE was 113kgs (249lbs) - BMI 40.5
31/3/12 - post hospital 101kgs (223lb) - BMI 36.2
25/04/2012 - 95kg/BMI 34.1 (209lb)
14/06/2012 - 90kg/BMI 32.3 (198lb)
25/07/2012 - 85kg/BMI 30.5 (187lb)
8/9/12 - 83.5kg/BMI 29.9 (184) NO LONGER OBESE, NOW ONLY OVERWEIGHT :D
16/10/2012 - 80kg/BMI 28.7 (176lb)

Changed ultimate goal to 60kgs (132lb) - see how I got we I get there though - I am trying to put on muscle as I go to help avoid potential skin issues.

So have a look a look at the pics, keep in mind I haven't seen my boyfirend since Feb 2012, at which time I looked just the same as in the new years pic. Have gone from a size 42 jeans to a size 34, which I am now having to shirk to fit me. A lot have changed in the last 8 months. I have just stopped the medication for the blood clots and hopefully if the pain from my lung lessens, I might be able to go back to my job in Mali and my life (and boyfriend) in Tanzania. Fingers crossed hey :D

If I can do it, you can do it.

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/little_lisid/MFP little_lisid/July2011.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/little_lisid/MFP little_lisid/NewYears2011.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/little_lisid/MFP little_lisid/May2012.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/little_lisid/MFP little_lisid/June2012.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/little_lisid/MFP little_lisid/Oct2012.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/little_lisid/MFP little_lisid/20121019_Yesterday.jpg[/img]

Replies

• Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!

Hope you get back to Tanzania....beautiful place....I loved visiting there. :)
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Keep up the good work :-)
  • newcl360
    newcl360 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wowaweewaa!!! What an incredible transformation! :)
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats for these huge results!!!!!!!
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    Great progress.
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress - well done to you! That has really motivated me this morning - thanks for sharing.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Aweome job and looking great, :smile: can I ask how tall you are??

I started out at about the same weight (114.2kg) and currently 33kg (72lb) down, but set my goal for 70kg i'm 5"6'
  • gailashton
    Options
    You look AMAZING - What an accomplishment! FAbulous!
  • little_lisid
    little_lisid Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Aweome job and looking great, :smile: can I ask how tall you are??

I started out at about the same weight (114.2kg) and currently 33kg (72lb) down, but set my goal for 70kg i'm 5"6'

I am roughly the same height, 5"6' or 167cm - I had originally only planned on getting to 68kgs, to get just under the "healthy" bmi number, but decided to drop it further to one of my lowest historically comfortable weight places - I expect to be nothing but muscle if I do go onto 60kgs, i might pull up before this depending on skin texture and how I feel. :D
  • little_lisid
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!

Hope you get back to Tanzania....beautiful place....I loved visiting there. :)

I hope I get back there too...its been a long time now and I am missing it.

Thanks to everyone for the kudos, this whole sharing thing is fun. I always got a buzz reading other peoples sucess stories, but didn't expect to get one from showing my own :D

thanks again
  • Raaless
    Raaless Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Incredible. Well done. Keep it up.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Awesome journey, congrats! Is that first pic taken in Northern Ireland at Kinbane Castle by any chance? Thought i recognised it (I'm from NI).

Well done lady! :drinker:
  • babybelle74
    babybelle74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow you are looking amazing, very inspirational!
  • little_lisid
    Options
    Awesome journey, congrats! Is that first pic taken in Northern Ireland at Kinbane Castle by any chance? Thought i recognised it (I'm from NI).

Well done lady! :drinker:

what a good eye you've got - thats the place alright, I was travelling through, hired a car and drove around the top coast of northern ireland and around west south to dublin eventually. I loved this part of the coast, so beautiful.
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such a great loss and thank you for sharing your story and your photos. I'm a couple of kilos less than your starting weight now (after losing 30kg) and it's really motivating to see your progression from essentially where I'm at. Does your boyfriend know about your success with weight-loss or are you going to surprise him when you get back

Glad you're off the meds from the PE. That must have been so scary. It's interesting to read the catalysts for people losing weight. Mine was getting told that the one of the reasons I got cancer last year was that I was overweight. Made me so sad. But it was the thing that made me decide to lose.
  • little_lisid
    Options
    Congratulations on such a great loss and thank you for sharing your story and your photos. I'm a couple of kilos less than your starting weight now (after losing 30kg) and it's really motivating to see your progression from essentially where I'm at. Does your boyfriend know about your success with weight-loss or are you going to surprise him when you get back

Glad you're off the meds from the PE. That must have been so scary. It's interesting to read the catalysts for people losing weight. Mine was getting told that the one of the reasons I got cancer last year was that I was overweight. Made me so sad. But it was the thing that made me decide to lose.

Thanks for sharing your story too Phoenixgirl81. I know from my own expereince that its pretty sad when you fat nearly kills you. The combo of being an overwieght smoker on the pill with dehydration from malaria on a 18hr cross continent trip was really the full cause, but with all of those things, if you take the weight out of the equation, my risk would have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY. So yes, its sad, but I just hope telling this story over and over will cause someone else to do something about their weight and not just accept it. I never even tried to loose before, just drank beer and ate anything and everything I felt like. This is a huge wake up call.

Yes he has seen the photos :D i keep telling him I am going to take a running leap at him in the airport :D but you know what, at 79.5kgs, I am only JUST weighing less than him.
  • Noni2863
    Noni2863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and your pictures. Your boyfriend is one lucky man! Hope you get that airport hug soon. :flowerforyou:
  • MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    That's impressive. Keep up the good work!
  • Bigguy1975
    Options
    Great progress!
  • little_lisid
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and your pictures. Your boyfriend is one lucky man! Hope you get that airport hug soon. :flowerforyou:

so do I getting visas into Australia is like jumping through hoops while hog tied :D

thanks for the kudos
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!