When do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Every morning at 8am after I've peed, no clothes on.
  • nw00778
    nw00778 Posts: 22
    Options
    I weigh myself in the AM before I eat, everyday. I gain weight so easily that I need to make sure I don't start gaining a lot by the next weigh in. Also, that way I know how eating different foods effect my weight
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    Every 2 days.... Because the weight can effect my Calories Burned and my Calories intake. So, I have to watch it carefully. I also have a FITBIT that feeds off the most current information.
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    Every morning as soon as I wake up.
    I probably shouldn't do it as much as I do though.
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    For me it's first thing Sunday morning, but I don't think it matters as long as your consistent. And consistent with the scale and where it's placed also - I never weigh the same at the Y as I do at home even 15 minutes later.
  • emzypemzy93
    Options
    Weigh myself on Monday mornings.. then I can set myself up for the week
  • cheshireau
    Options
    Every couple of days at the gym, after a workout. I need new scales at my house. I can understand the point of weighing yourself in the morning each day, but my self esteem is already very low and if I get let down, I may get very upset.
  • SycReid
    SycReid Posts: 14
    Options
    I weigh myself every 3 days and when I just woke up in the morning. :)
  • fit_and_fab_after_kids
    Options
    first thing in the morning after doing a pee pee :)
  • Bama4granma
    Options
    I find myself obsessing about the numbers on the scale, weighing daily. :ohwell:
    My diet buddy constantly reminds me that I need to focus on the whole package..ie..excercise, nutrition, and self image not just the number. She is the best support system I could ever hope for.

I am trying for the weekly weigh in...so had hubby hide the scale to help break my obsessive habit!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Once a week, Saturday morning.

Any more than that I would risk demotivating myself as fluctuations happen that I may perceive negatively--which affects motivation!

Once a week shows progress every time!!
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    I'd like to weigh every monday morning before breakfast.... but my bowel is pretty slow -_-'

so I weigh myself any morning I poop early XD
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month. Too much emphasis is placed on the scale. I prefer to gauge it with how my clothes fit and measurement.
  • shellywoodhead
    shellywoodhead Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning as soon as I have got up and been to the loo for a tiddle
  • stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning, but I think I will start weighing every other Monday instead.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I weight myself first thing in the morning... and only on 1 scale (I don't weigh myself on the scale at my gym or elsewhere). Sometimes I do it every day, sometimes I wait a few days.
  • Thatslimgal84
    Options
    I weigh in every saturday as soon as i wake up n get out of the toilet :) so far lost 7kgs
  • erinpooh
    Options
    Sunday mornings after I pee and before I have my coffee.
  • mindphluxxx
    Options
    Always in the morning, usually one day as close to mid-week as I can get! (My days off work change quite a bit)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Monday morning like clockwork!
    Wait...it's Sunday night. Eeek!!! hahah

I feel a lot less bloated in the morning as opposed to the arvo. Also I don't have any food, aka extra pounds hanging around my digestive system when weighing in on an empty stomach