keep saying ''tomorrow I will work out''

Options
Hey yah all

Do you ever get that type of day that you feel sooo lazy that you keep promising yourself that tomorrow you will get on the treadmill

It now keeps on becoming a habit everyday.

I went to the doctors yesterday for a health check up. They had gave me good news that I am no longer in the obese section and now just pre-obese :) yippeeee

BMI before was 33 Now is 29
and they told me i weighed 83 kilos and not 84.6 like it stated a week ago

It gave me a bit of motivation but again I am losing it.

What can I do ?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Go get in your car, start it, drive to the gym, get out of the car, go inside, check in, start working out.

Yeah, sorry, I don't do the whole "maybe tomorrow" thing. It just doesn't make sense. If you can drag your *kitten* in there tomorrow, you can drag your *kitten* in there today.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you could stay a fat, lazy, unhealthy slob.

Is that what you want?

we are what we want the most.

this shiit aint easy.

maybe you just cant handle it.
  • Naomilette
    Options
    I have days like that where I'm like "i will do it tomorrow" then i don't, but don't beet your self up you WILL get back in to it even if it's just going for walk around the block. Thats what i did today just went for a 20 min walk and tomorrow i WILL be back to working out hard. Its only a small set back just keep looking foreword, today is over and there is nothing you can do about it so don't dwell on it. Hope this helps! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I have no sympathy for people that use that as an excuse!! Get off your a** and go workout!
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have many days like that -- just do it - don't wait for motivation because it is not reliable.
    Try having a scheduled time that is just for your exercise.
    Congrats on the BMI improvement.
    Like "Naomilette" posted, try to just do something, and maybe set some realistic, achievable goals so you have something to look forward to... I know when I started my goals were just to get active again and start to "detox" from all the cookies, lattes and treats.
    If you keep "just doing something" you will be in a radically different place over time.

You can do it!
  • fit_and_fab_after_kids
    Options
    make it fun!!!!!!!!!!! dance around your living room, go for a nice relaxing walk! it's not all about the gym you have to learn to love working out and you can only do that if you enjoy what your doing :) so crank up the music and dance like your on so you think you can dance????? i did the other day and it felt great and burnt some calories while enjoying myself!!!!
  • ElizaDnl
    Options
    I agree with miss piggy - working out should be fun and not a chore. Treadmills are boring - walking or running outside with some great music is much more fun, and the fresh air you're getting will make you feel even better afterwards. If you have a gym membership, maybe try out different classes and find something you like doing.

For me, I get motivated by seeing results. Maybe follow a program like couch to 5k, where you see yourself improving every week. I'm doing the nerdfitness bodyweight workout and get really excited by the improvement in strength I see every week.

Congrats on your achievement - you've had great results so far. Hope you'll find some form of exercise you enjoy!
  • TriNorm
    TriNorm Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been there also, and it gets harder (for me anyway) as you keep pushing it back day after day. I've found that writing down and committing to a workout schedule is key. There are still days when I have to force myself to go in, but they are fewer - and on those days I literally force myself to go. I may concede to an easier workout, but I'll still get one on.

Stay strong!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,097 Member
    Options
    I have had those days, especially after I have had a break from exercising for some reason...sick, vacation, etc. I always say the hardest step is the one out the door. So, I just force myself to take that first step, then I'm okay. I also try to schedule what days I am going to exercise. That helps me.

For motivation overall, I pay myself. ..even though, I must admit that how I feel after running and my weight loss have pretty good motivation in themselves. :wink: Anyway, I put back $2 for every day I exercise and $10 for every pound that I lose and then, buy myself something I want, but really don't need. I have, so far, gotten a nice digital camera and a Kindle Fire. It helps me.

Good luck. And, as others have said: "Just get out there and do something!"
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Put your sneakers on and go for a walk. If you have a dog take it for a walk. Only you can decide what you are going to do. You have to motivate yourself.
  • chefyego
    chefyego Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    im more like the the yoyo up n down
    my pt says go 1 hour a day doing cardio and next day 1 hour of strength
    4 times a week with a proper diet
    but cos of my nightshift its not very easy because after 4 days of nights and 4 days workout
    it is tireing on the mind and body so 1st dy off is spend slouching chillin and playing ps3
    next day is spent running round doing my chores n diner for freinds as only time i see them
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have had those days, especially after I have had a break from exercising for some reason...sick, vacation, etc. I always say the hardest step is the one out the door. So, I just force myself to take that first step, then I'm okay. I also try to schedule what days I am going to exercise. That helps me.
    <snip>

Good luck. And, as others have said: "Just get out there and do something!"

^^ This!
    Some days I stay late at work and don't have time for the gym as planned. It bugs me, but that's life, it happens. But like others have said, we can't let it become the "norm". Every step counts :)

Keep up the good work.
  • smcase
    smcase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today IS yesterday's tomorrow :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    stand up and do three jumping jacks after reading this post. right now. yes, now.

Start now. Acitvity is addicting. The more you get up and move around, the more you will want to move more and get the weight off.

You don't need to hit a gym to get active. Walk or hop or skip or just stand up and reach for you toes. I lost 43 pounds this year and haven't seen the inside of a gym.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    When I have those days, I just go put on my workout clothes and do ten min of just about anything. A little easier when I know I am only taking ten min. But once the ten min are up, I find, litterally 100% of the time, that I now feel like doing my entire workout - whatever it may be.

Just go thru the motions for ten min. I think you'll be surprised.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying I haven't done it once or twice but now I have a lot more discipline in general than I did in the beginning. Here's what I did when I was trying to build that up:

I told myself I have to. I WILL do xyz on xyz days. The only way I can get out of it is if it is a holiday, I'm away on vacation (even then I am active), I am sick or there is some sort of major emergency. I CANNOT say I don't want to, I'm tired, I don't feel like it, I will do it later. It is NOT allowed. In the beginning I didn't even have a routine. There were days I genuinely was too busy to fit it in because I hadn't properly planned it. I STILL told myself I have to get it done on those days. It meant that at 1130pm I was popping in the 30 Day Shred video when I really wanted to go to bed. It didn't take long to realize I'd much rather do it at a different time so slowly I got through the planning and now it is regular. Sometimes something crops up and I have to revert to back up plans but I do not go to bed until it is done.

Another part of that is reflecting on your diary, which it sounds like you know where you are. Sometimes I don't realize that those things that I do give an excuse for come up more than I wish because although I have that built in, there is a MINIMUM each week I must meet even if that means doubling up or working out on a different day. So I have to go back and analyze that to make sure that is happening. In fact, tonight, that's what I'm doing. I realize that after a month long vacation at the end of the summer, It took me 4 weeks to get back to weight lifting. I thought I took a week or maybe two off while I was reading up and looking into different programs but I didn't realize I took that long off! (I was still doing cardio). It's easy to get relaxed and start slacking off. It takes continued reflection and analysis as well as dedication.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is you have to make a plan and tell yourself you will do it and you won't go to bed until you do. Tell yourself you cannot have xyz excuses. You have to meet your goal. In the beginning it is tough to build up that want to go. Even now sometimes I really don't want to go. But the more you do it, the more routine it gets and sometimes you even crave it! I know--shocking!

It's a big pitfall to allow yourself just this one time kind of thinking without some real reason to back it up because once you do that, it just keeps going. Don't beat yourself up because we've all been there at some point of our journey about some kind of goal we are working on whether it is exercise or something else. But do start making an active plan, a back up plan and a promise to yourself what you WILL accomplish.

It's all in the talk. I WILL do it. I can't go to bed until I do.

Getting started is the hard part. Put your clothes on and drag yourself there (or put in that video, or go outside, or whatever the case may be). Like another person said, start the motion.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    While you are getting ready for the day, say to yourself...

This is what I WILL do today (insert exercise plan). This is the time I will do it (insert time). If that happens to fail, I will do (insert back up activity) before I go to bed. Maybe in the beginning don't say the back up plan part each day but have it already as a strategy in case something fails.

I WILL not skip my plan because I am tired, I don't feel like it, I am busy or I don't want to.
  • lynndeye
    lynndeye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had many days like that. What I realized, is that once I started working out more, I felt so much better...physically and mentally. So, on the days went I didn't feel like doing anything, I remembered how much better it feels to get out there and just do it, so I did. At one point I even told my friends and family to text me or call me to make me go for my run...and I'm not a great runner. Once those texts start rolling in, it makes you feel more accountable so you get your rear in gear! Hang in there. Weight loss has always been a struggle for me. After 8 years, I'm now down to the weight I was before I had my son, which is embarrassing to admit that it took that long. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and realize that I can do this. Don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day though...that only makes you feel worse. Not everyone is "on" every day, so on the off days...be kind to yourself!
  • jasmine101010
    Options
    wow didn't know I would get some bad comments on this lol
    just had that feeling and thought being on here would help.

But thank you also for the nice comments :flowerforyou:

I did get off my a** as someone said

done 10 sit ups, 17 minutes on the machine,
    1 hour of walking and some dancing.

I will do more so hopefully more to update :wink:
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I've been like this in the past, and it really got me no where! I have no other concrete way of saying this as, u just have to do it.

You don't give your mind reasons to get out of it. We all have reasons to get out of it u know? The kids...grocery shopping, doing my nails yada yada.... But this is something that will help you along the way of getting to feeling fabulous.

I find that now I have been working out or even if i go for a nice long walk (2 hrs +) I crave the exercise, and i feel soooo bad if I even miss a day. I really think once you start and stick to it, you'll also have the "exercise crave"too.

Oh and with that being said, I haven't stepped foot in a gym either. It's all my diet, walking, and workout dvd's. Currently I am doing 30 day shred.

Good luck, and you can do it!!!