lost 14 lbs in a week.

Options
I weighed in Monday Oct 15th as -47 weighed in last night, the 19th at -33 = 14 lbs. I cut out everything fast food, junk food, soda, I ate smaller portions, I drank water, and kept moving ;) it really does work if you stick to it!

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If this was your first week of eating super clean - congratulations! The exact same thing happened to me. I lost 10 lbs in the first week! However, expect your weight loss to slow down considerably. You may lose a few more pounds next week, but after that, it will level off. That's when the real work begins. :) Keep up the good work and you'll have it all off before you know it!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It is nice to see such a loss as motivation, but I suspect it may prove to be a "one off"

But cutting out fast food, junk, soda and the like can only be positive for the future
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep it up :) You can do it!
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i LOVE seeing positive things such as this :)
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!!! Yea the first week is when you lose the most weight. It will start slowing down and that's when you are going to really work at losing weight. Congrats on the weight loss and keep up with eating clean
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    From having continually lost ten or more pounds per week for many many weeks (months myself), I know you CAN keep doing that for many weeks. I continued to eat cleanly BUT had to significantly increase exercise to make up for the lighter weight.

When weight loss started to slow even with the the exercise increase, I started a once per week fast.

In addition, what I also found was if you keep the blood clean without sugar spikes for at least three months, metabolism also speeds up massively.

Another thing I did was to make sure I did not eat after 5pm and that I weighed the same in the morning as I did before retiring. I always have at least one pound weight loss if I weigh what I did earlier in the day that evening-- The body works on burning fats while we sleep!

How I gained back the weight is a long story but in a nutshell I got addicted to internet games and ate at the computer while playing for YEARS. Mindless garbage eating and it had nothing to with a "diet fail" from losing weight too quickly. So yes, high weight loss absolutely, positively CAN BE DONE in mass continually.
  • anaju61
    anaju61 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Agreed with what Chilvaryder said. Keep up the good work.
  • bima80
    bima80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • Andrea3030
    Options
    If this was your first week of eating super clean - congratulations! The exact same thing happened to me. I lost 10 lbs in the first week! However, expect your weight loss to slow down considerably. You may lose a few more pounds next week, but after that, it will level off. That's when the real work begins. :) Keep up the good work and you'll have it all off before you know it!

People lose weight differently dumbass, she could be lucky and not have to work, if I dont eat junk food I waste away, but apparently your the expert

How's life under that bridge????
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

People lose weight differently dumbass, she could be lucky and not have to work, if I dont eat junk food I waste away, but apparently your the expert

Wow. Wrong, rude and illiterate. A trifecta of trollism.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Rude much? Congrats OP!
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    I saw the title and thought this was going to be a thread about having a baby. :tongue: That's a lot of weight to lose in one week! Keep up the healthier habits.
  • bima80
    Options

I agree with u. Thats how it works out for mostly everyone.. Your first week you lose the most then after a couple of weeks its down to like 2-3 lbs a week.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Wow. Wrong, rude and illiterate. A trifecta of trollism.

I hate to be the one to quote someone quoting someone else... but this ^^^^
  • bima80
    Options

Rude much? Congrats OP!
    Very Rude.. Someone had a bad day... smh
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! :drinker:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You obviously stuck to the program. Don't get discouraged if you have a gain next week. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong or gained fat--your body is sorting out some fluid balance. If you gain back any next week, or have a teeny loss or no loss, just keep carrying on. As long as you do your part, (and have no medical issues), your body will fall in line.
  • ohhsodarlingg
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their congrads, and happiness, and also opinions ;) def got alot of support here. ;)
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    Great job! I lost 12 lbs my first week, then 8 lbs my second week. Since then it's been a steady 2-5 lbs per week. Tomorrow will be 12 weeks in for me. As of last Sunday (I record my weight every Sunday), I am at 52 lbs lost. Tomorrow's weigh in should be at least -3 lbs. I know as I have less to lose it will start coming off more slowly, but for right now I am enjoying seeing the bigger numbers every week. Definitely helps to keep you motivated! :happy: Keep up the good work!!