Tattoos....

Options
OllyReeves
OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
So when I get down to 190lbs, I'm going sto start covering myself in ink.

I've always wanted it, and had them all planned since I was about 17, still love my ideas, so i'm going for it.

What is the effect on ink as your body changes?

I mean if i start now, will they look funny when i'm a skelington? Or if i wait, then put a little on etc, will they look ****e?

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    You can probably get away with areas that usually store less fat... Though I suppose it's different for everyone. Depends on where you want them and how far you are to goal. Like, I know that my ankles and wrists and more bony places won't be affected like my back and tummy.

You might be able to get a better assessment by visiting a tattoo artist. :)
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same once I get skinny I'm getting a tattoo. I think if u put weight on they stretch but it depends where, if its somewhere like your stomach you will notice a lot more distortion than on your collarbone area. I think its better to just wait to you get your ideal weight, I know some people it can shrink along with your body and look fine, a friend of mine got pregnant and her stomach tattoo looks the same as the day she got it. but you will need top ups as u get older, and please god see a proper artist. I want a piece thats about 8in by 3/4 in and its going to be a few hundred quid because I'm choosing award winning artists with the best ink and custom ideas. Don't get 'love and hate' on your knuckles or some *kitten* like that.

Interested actually what are you getting?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If they're over areas that don't stretch very much such as upper back, top of chest, forearms, and on men lower (and usually upper) legs, you won't see much change in them. If you get them in areas that grow and shrink with weight loss you'll see a change in them.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have 6, been fat, been skinny, no change :smile:
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No change in any of mine after weight gain or loss.
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm having a Tigers head when I am slimmer. I spoke to a good mate of mine who managed a Tattoo shop for a decade, and he told me to wait until I dropped the bulk of the weight as it could shift a bit. Mine is planned for upper arm bicep area.

I took his advice as it's my first and I didn't want it to look poor, and he is someone with a lot of ink that trust.
  • teresatt11
    Options
    I have 5 plus a sleeve from my left knee to my foot... I started at 498lbs.... down to 313... no change... I would think it would be like others said.. its all in the placement. ;)
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So when I get down to 190lbs, I'm going sto start covering myself in ink.

I've always wanted it, and had them all planned since I was about 17, still love my ideas, so i'm going for it.

What is the effect on ink as your body changes?

I mean if i start now, will they look funny when i'm a skelington? Or if i wait, then put a little on etc, will they look ****e?

Olly....I tattooed when I was your age. Pretty safe tatt's though and they have faired extremely well through the years. If you're selective I believe you can carry it off quite well. Just be careful with tatts on or near the neck and face..across the chest or belly...they dont seem to stand the test of time. (others will prolly not agree but that's ok..opinions are like that)

GOOD LUCK and let us see pics when you do it