Striiv - Addicted! Looking for friends...

Options

Replies

• rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We here at Striiv and the great team at MFP have been working together to resolve the issue of how your Striiv calorie data is being translated and displayed on your Daily totals.

The MFP team jumped on this immediately and deployed corrections last night, today and there will be additional changes tonight. For the morning as part of the solution please change your "Update diet/fitness profile" setting to Sedentary. As an all-day activity tracker your activity level is being monitored by your Striiv app and your activity level will be included in the calculation.

MFP has also gone back and retroactively made corrections to previous day totals that included the error. You should be receiving an email from Steven in your MFP inbox when all has been resolved.

Thank you so much for your patience.

- Katherine, Striiv CustomerCAre

Thanks so much for the updates and help with this app. Mine appears to be working well now and I like the fact that it constantly updates throughout the day!
  • karthurs1
    Options
    Thank you for trying the Striiv App and your patience as we worked with MFP to work through the issues.

Be sure to Rate the App as well!

- Katherine, Striiv CustomerCare
  • nancyjax
    Options
    Hmmm well mine worked great on the 18th and 19th but as of today it seems off. I have mine set to sedentary and my weight matches in both spots. Woke up this morning jogged to crossfit jogged home and when I input my crossfit class calories burne from my hr monitor (I don't wear the striiv, it's a lot of weight lifting) I suddenly noticed that despite my jogging and all it was reporting a -100 striiv adjustment :-(. My striiv says I burned 135 calories with the jogging. This is unfortunate since it never registers my activities walking around the house doing laundry and the like. Until today it seemed to be working great (under reporting a little but close enough).

Did you guys adjust something yesterday?
  • nancyjax
    Options
    Oh!!! I tried to input an adjustment to fix it and now I am getting a negative 600 calorie adjustment. I am so sad it appears that the model assumes you do ALL your exercise in a manner than can and will be recorded by striiv, so if you input cardio like bike riding or swimming separately into MFP the striiv adjustment adjusts upwards in a negative fashion to cancel it out. I really liked the striiv app but if it continues to do that then it will not be useful since it would adjust away all my efforts from crossfit and bike riding which can't really be monitored by striiv. :-( :-(.

I hope you guys can and will consider fixing that because I love this combo!!!
  • gward84
    gward84 Posts: 16
    Options
    Having the same problem here, I went for a couple of walks this morning and manually entered these into MFP, I then downloaded the striiv app, went for a 25 minute walk to test it out and it came up as i've burned -142 calories? how does that work? I would love this to work because this link looks great and it encourages me to walk more.
  • karthurs1
    Options
    We are working with MFP to allow the flexibility that an all day monitor can still have some activity that would not have th emonitor on, such as exercise classes, swimming and biking.

- Katherine - Striiv CustomerCare
  • moncheririley
    moncheririley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting!!!
  • nancyjax
    Options
    Thanks Katherine that's great!
  • Paul_Kent_UK
    Paul_Kent_UK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded and liking it so far - would be cool to add friends. Please message me for my email address or send yours.

Thanks.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Can you get it in the UK.
  • gward84
    Options
    I started using this app yesterday and had problems with it (which I posted above), but today has been brilliant, best app i've downloaded in a while. I was only getting - calories yesterday because I downloaded 1/2 way thru the day i think.

Just a couple of questions:

There are too many challenges, is there a way of turning these off or automatically accepting them, so I dont have to keep on taking my phone out my pocket every 5 seconds to accept another one?

Whats happening with the get stairs option?
  • gward84
    Options
    Sorry yes Jaz, it works in the UK :)
  • kgaskins
    Options
    OMG this was a great help !! I would have never found it!
  • nymple
    nymple Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've unlinked mine :( I love the app but after kicking *kitten* at my Turbo Fire workout and inputting the number from my HRM, striiv is suddenly deducting over 700 calories from my exercise total. :( It's a stupid system to think a pedometer is going to accurately measure all your exercise and calorie expenditure. All my upper body boxing effort wouldn't count for anything!? Pft! How ridiculous!

I'll continue to use the app as it is awesome however please disable the above feature. Striiv isn't a total body monitor and shouldn't pretend to be! For the time being I'll manually input my walking time from striiv at the end of the day but booooo!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I'm not using the Sriiv app because I don't have an iPhone, but I've been using the Striiv pedometer every day for the last five months. Love it!

Does the pedometer link to MFP too. How big is it- where do you carry it.
  • QTmommy12
    Options
    I have both the app and the striiv smart pedometer. I'd love some friends on the app for encouragement! Message me if you are interested.
  • QTmommy12
    Options
    btw, on the original striiv i don't see mfp on the screen like on the app. it's about the size of a matchbox. the new play is smaller, works with the app so it doesn't have the race or walkathon features but it has more social features is bluetooth, so it uploads info to your phone, and is the size of a clothespin.
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaz050465
    Options
    The Play doesn't allow giving to charity and you need look at your phone to see challenges. I think I prefer the original gadget.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    btw, on the original striiv i don't see mfp on the screen like on the app. it's about the size of a matchbox. the new play is smaller, works with the app so it doesn't have the race or walkathon features but it has more social features is bluetooth, so it uploads info to your phone, and is the size of a clothespin.
    Can you explain the race and walkathon features?