Soy milk for lose weight

Options
Hi, has anybody any idea about soy milk? is good when i try to looose weight? Thanks

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You could drink water, Coke, beer, etc and lose weight if you are assuming an energy deficit. I know some like soy, but I've tried about 8 different brands and only one didn't taste like paper soaked overnight in water - 8th Continent. I'd still choose coconut milk for a milk beverage, though.
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Sure. why not? I can't stand the stuff plain or on cereal, but use it in recipes sometimes.
    I had both milk and soy sensitivities as a child and have lots of food allergies in the family (soy, milk, etc, etc, etc)- so I alternate what I use.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You could drink water, Coke, beer, etc and lose weight if you are assuming an energy deficit. I know some like soy, but I've tried about 8 different brands and only one didn't taste like paper soaked overnight in water - 8th Continent. I'd still choose coconut milk for a milk beverage, though.

I choose beer. Every. Night.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    i only drink soy or almond milk... they may taste a little strang at first but you get used to it and now i think its yummmmyyyy! to start out with soy milk, drink the chocolate kind...SOOOO GOOOOOD. and the dark chocolate almond milk tastes like something i dont even know how to describe..ITS DELICIOUS! ha. I dont know how well it helps to lose weight, but i think its healthier than milk! i only started drinking it because im a little lactose intolerant..
  • Meribeth928
    Options
    I think almond milk is good and it is great in cereal and in smoothies as well. I can't have soy so I use Almond milk for some things. I do however also drink a glass of regular whole milk sometimes too.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hi, has anybody any idea about soy milk? is good when i try to looose weight? Thanks

Soy is a great alternative - as long as you are careful about which one you purchase.
    Most soy crops have GMO's that are bad for you.
    Be sure to pick one that is unflavored (because it adds sugars) and is NON-GMO and Certified Organic.
    Sometimes Costco will have three half-gallons at a decent price, and they do last a long time.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yuck! I guess you could, theoretically. The real question is, would you want to?
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks everyboyd, i tried soy milk and is amazing i like a lot, i tried the plain one and is organic too, is only 1gram of sugar AMAZING, low fat or half milk has around 13 grams of sugar