NSV - I did it!

Options
Ok, so last night was my first "weekend" night with ALL of my friends that were boozing it up and eating like complete oinkers.

I had ONE mind you ONE glass of wine.... munched on the carrots and the BAKED chicken.

Everyone else chowed down on delivered pizza, (in between shots), fried chicken, cookies, chips and dip made from cream cheese, you name it. (It was a potluck type party.)

THEN... on the way home, my car almost *accidentally* drove me to my favorite 24-hour Mexican food restaurant. I had to fight with the steering wheel to not pick up rolled tacos with guac and sour cream.... oy vey! That was rough!

Got home and had a big glass of water and a piece of pre-BOILED chicken.....

A small victory, and yeah eating at 1am probably wasn't the best idea but at least I wasn't pounding a 3lb quesadilla with rolled tacos (because I would have ordered both!)....

Whew! I did it! :)

Replies

• gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Im jealous. I ate ok but i drank to much and now im working hungover
  • MTciesielski
    MTciesielski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HURRAY for you. Those times are the toughest.
    I'm going out with friends tonight and fighting the same obstacles....... I Hope I can stay strong too
  • melotj
    melotj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Way to go!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Way to fight the delicious demons!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Way to fight the urge to eat poorly!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    if it works with you so be it... me personally i would have indulged with my friends and then got back on track this morning. may not have gone completely overboard but i would have had fun. hell call it a cheat night
  • jofunky
    Options
    Great job!!!! wish I had your controll....Keep up the good work :bigsmile:
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Glad you let your car know who's boss! Mine wouldn't listen so I sold it. Ha, that'll teach it...
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    if it works with you so be it... me personally i would have indulged with my friends and then got back on track this morning. may not have gone completely overboard but i would have had fun. hell call it a cheat night

Not yet. I've had only one cheat day in 10 days and lost 6lbs and a pound of fat already.
    I really need to stay on track at first.... kind of like someone who stops drinking or using drugs.
    Greasy fast food with ZERO nutrition was my drug of choice... so I just need to eat healthy for a while until I have it down pat. :)
    I need to get my metabolism back on track... change my habits... then I can have a cheat day here and there.
    The roughest part will be skipping IHOP on Sundays with friends... oh dear that's my favorite place to eat...... *le sigh*
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

Not yet. I've had only one cheat day in 10 days and lost 6lbs and a pound of fat already.
    I really need to stay on track at first.... kind of like someone who stops drinking or using drugs.
    Greasy fast food with ZERO nutrition was my drug of choice... so I just need to eat healthy for a while until I have it down pat. :)
    I need to get my metabolism back on track... change my habits... then I can have a cheat day here and there.
    The roughest part will be skipping IHOP on Sundays with friends... oh dear that's my favorite place to eat...... *le sigh*

that is the problem i have with rehab if you are going to "Cure" me of my addictions i should be able to be around my vices or have a drink socially without going overboard if i am truly cured.

why skip the ihop???? why not get whole wheat pancakes or egg white omelet. lifestyle changes shouldnt turn you into a prude
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

that is the problem i have with rehab if you are going to "Cure" me of my addictions i should be able to be around my vices or have a drink socially without going overboard if i am truly cured.

why skip the ihop???? why not get whole wheat pancakes or egg white omelet. lifestyle changes shouldnt turn you into a prude

Can't do wheat pancakes. Just discovered I'm allergic to gluten so that's part of the problem, too.
    I don't want to even smell them right now..... *sigh*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!