I'm SURE I lost 1/2 lb getting my dessert today-YAY!

Options
I just got back from walking to the grocery store to buy dinner (Sweet Italian Spaghetti turkey sausage and lots of other good stuff from scratch). Now, walking to and from the store is no piece of cake for me, it takes about 45minutes to an hour to walk back and forth. There's a huge park not far from the grocery store, that has an obstacle course on the 2 mile course. I took my tail over there, walked (POWER WALKING) around the whole park and did almost ALL of the exercises on the course, THEN went to the store, then carried at LEAST ten pounds of groceries back home.

Among my groceries, I bought 6 LARGE pomegranates(one will be my dessert after dinner tonight:heart: ), and those bad boys by themselves were heavy as all get out carrying back. I did this last week (walked to the grocery store instead of driving to get dinner to prepare at home), but didn't DREAM I would have the courage and strength to take my tail to the park (FIRST BEFORE SHOPPING) and do ALL that extra walking--power walking to boot. It took me over 2 hours and I came home, all sweaty and I feel so GREAT and powerful (and a wee bit sore, but it's a GOOD sore)!!!!

Listen, if I can do this (I'm NO spring chicken age wise) anyone can. Talk about a big ole NSV--WOOT! :drinker:

Replies

• 9xuzts
    9xuzts Posts: 40
    Options
    That's awesome congrats! It's the best feeling, right?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That's awesome congrats! It's the best feeling, right?

The absolute best feeling! Thanks so much for replying:flowerforyou:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You are an absolute rock star, keep it up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You are an absolute rock star, keep it up!!! :flowerforyou:

Coming from you, that is a sheer thrill...cause honey, you are my shero! Thanks so much:bigsmile:
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to hear about your power walk. This is fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm so happy to hear about your power walk. This is fantastic! :flowerforyou:

You're wonderful...thanks so much for the encouraging reply! :heart:
  • amandahahn85
    amandahahn85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good job! Hard work and dedication like that pay off! Keep it up! :laugh:
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! u are amazing i know i couldn't do it!!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! what a great pre-dessert burn!

I used to ride my bike to store, it was usually just a mile, but even that made me feel good, esp biking ith 4 bags of groceries! (my bike with all the baskets gt stolen and now we ive in Ohio and it is cold, but I should just do it anyway)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!