taco bell cheat days

Options
Okay so today I consumed a lot of calories.....

I thought I was confident enough to tackle a fast food chain...Wrong Epic Fail........

So I consumed: 3 crunchy tacos
2 chicken supreame chulupas
1 can of pepsi soday......

Just that alone was about 1340 calories......Thats alot...

Does this mean that the work I've done for the past 15 days is down hill? I lost 2 lbs...I bet, I gained it back now.....

What are your guilty pleasures(food)......And Does this become a hurdle when your on the right track?
If I burn the calories I consumed today, will that mean I broke even?

Replies

• RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    you can have fast food, but u have to do it in moderation... that's a lot of food for one meal..!!
    cheat day does not equal pig out day.

but it should not undo the work you have done, do some extra exercise and eat better and it will all even out
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You may have gained a pound or two from your eating, however, you did not put on 2 lbs of fat. It would simply be water weight likely attributed to sodium. And you never know, some people find the opposite, after weeks of strict dieting, they drop weight after a large calorie intake.
    In order to gain 2 lbs of fat you need to eat 7000 calories OVER your TDEE.

I don't weight after cheat days. I usually give it 2 days ( I lie, I weight because I am interested in seeing what affects my scale weight but I dont get upset about small fluctuations). For me, working back shift causes a temporary weight gain
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Thanks.....I know right, I did pig out...I have not gone around fast food or food period, I have not over come that battle...I will continue avoiding it......Just scared it will derail me from my goal...
  • Andrea3030
    Options
    I went to Taco Bell the other day and I got 2 Doritos beef tacos...less than 400 cals total. Definitely not a health food but it was a yummy treat!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    In two or three days your weight will be back to "normal". All the sodium you consumed is going to make your weight increase. I personally LOVE going to Taco Bell for cheat days, I always supreme my fries but instead I get soft shell tacos (the tiny difference it makes) and drink water instead of pop (more sodium!!)
  • hope8311
    Options
    I went to Taco Bell the other day and I got 2 Doritos beef tacos...less than 400 cals total. Definitely not a health food but it was a yummy treat!

I understand what your saying... But after consuming it I just feel awful.....Not a good feeling...Its weird I've never eaten this much before workingout....This is a first for me...
  • hope8311
    Options
    you can have fast food, but u have to do it in moderation... that's a lot of food for one meal..!!

but it should not undo the work you have done, do some extra exercise and eat better and it will all even out

Yes your right, I've never eaten this much ever....I feel like Miss Piggy right now.,....
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    No dear...you need upwards of 7,000 calories (not counting your BMR(according to livestrong.com)) to gain two pounds in two days. I honestly think you would fall over before you got to 7k. :)

It's just one meal, and it's already been eaten, all you can do is move forward and do better. :)
    Taco bell is my go to cheat because of their fresco menu...taking off the cheese and sour cream really knock down the calories a bit.

You're going to be fine. :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    1300 calorie meal? So what. I don't agree with the individual who felt the need to describe it as pigging out.
    Plenty of people here have lost all their weight, by still allowing a high calorie cheat meal once a week. It is 1300 calories. It is not going to be over your TDEE, so no, you will not undo any of your work. You will possibly have a temporary gain from the change in diet, sodium etc, but that is about it. In fact, as someone mentioned, people often drop more weight in the weigh in after a cheat meal or treat meal. This is meant to be a lifestyle change, not a diet, and unless you plan on never eating out again, I suggest you learn to accept and even enjoy occasional meals out and to move on without guilt, as guilt about eating is never going to be a healthy attitude.

Just do a little exercise, get back to your normal routine and it will balance out anyway. It is not healthy to become obsessed to the point you cannot even allow yourself a meal out without fretting over calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options

Yes your right, I've never eaten this much ever....I feel like Miss Piggy right now.,....

You are not miss piggy, most people on maintenance are eating 2000 calories + a day, so I hardly think you are miss piggy for having 1300. Just move on.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You are not miss piggy, most people on maintenance are eating 2000 calories + a day, so I hardly think you are miss piggy for having 1300. Just move on.

This!
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options

I thought I was confident enough to tackle a fast food chain...Wrong Epic Fail........

Does this mean that the work I've done for the past 15 days is down hill? I lost 2 lbs...I bet, I gained it back now.....

What are your guilty pleasures(food)......And Does this become a hurdle when your on the right track?

It was just one meal. If you eat healthily for the rest of the day and drink enough water, you should be fine. You don't have to burn off every single calorie that you ate either. That's too excessive. Get yourself back on track now. Not tomorrow. Now. You'll be fine.
  • hope8311
    Options
    1300 calorie meal? So what. I don't agree with the individual who felt the need to describe it as pigging out.
    Plenty of people here have lost all their weight, by still allowing a high calorie cheat meal once a week. It is 1300 calories. It is not going to be over your TDEE, so no, you will not undo any of your work. You will possibly have a temporary gain from the change in diet, sodium etc, but that is about it. In fact, as someone mentioned, people often drop more weight in the weigh in after a cheat meal or treat meal. This is meant to be a lifestyle change, not a diet, and unless you plan on never eating out again, I suggest you learn to accept and even enjoy occasional meals out and to move on without guilt, as guilt about eating is never going to be a healthy attitude.

Just do a little exercise, get back to your normal routine and it will balance out anyway. It is not healthy to become obsessed to the point you cannot even allow yourself a meal out without fretting over calories.

Thanks I really Needed to hear this...I do understand, lifestyle change and I did fall off the wagon, but I'll get back on and not worry. Just stick to it and continue on this journey...Thanks for the support
  • hope8311
    Options

It was just one meal. If you eat healthily for the rest of the day and drink enough water, you should be fine. You don't have to burn off every single calorie that you ate either. That's too excessive. Get yourself back on track now. Not tomorrow. Now. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the support I'll be sure to do that....Appreciate it
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

GOODNESS!! I have never been able to eat that much at Taco Bell---But the Chicken Quesadillas I love from there have ove 400 calories :sad:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Next time, try to do homemade tacos instead. You can do really good homemade tacos for half the calories.

I'm also not a fan of "cheat" days. A lot of people just starting out really need to learn to stick to a calorie budget before going out and pigging out. This takes time. Make sure you're not undereating during the week, and you should be just fine.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you truly been good for 15 days, you will be fine... Tomorrow will be a better day:bigsmile:
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Next time, try to do homemade tacos instead. You can do really good homemade tacos for half the calories.

I'm also not a fan of "cheat" days. A lot of people just starting out really need to learn to stick to a calorie budget before going out and pigging out. This takes time. Make sure you're not undereating during the week, and you should be just fine.

Getting really bored of this stupid expression 'pigging out'. It is quite insulting and could easily create a really unhealthy mindset in someone who is susceptible.
    The op did not pig out, she had a meal out and a break from her usual routine.
    And actually, it is better people learn early on to still incorporate normal things like meals out into their new lifestyle.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Getting really bored of this stupid expression 'pigging out'. It is quite insulting and could easily create a really unhealthy mindset in someone who is susceptible.
    And actually, it is better people learn early on to still incorporate normal things like meals out into their new lifestyle.

Calm down.

The OP admitted she went overboard, and "pigging out" is just a phrase used to describe it. You read all the insult yourself. It was not intended on my part.

I've also lost 42 lbs myself, so I'm fully aware that people should be able include meals out into their diet plan, but I'm also making the point that I see way too many people who have lost little to nothing use a cheat day as a way to completely blow everything they did that week and eat far in excess of what they normally would. That's counterproductive.
  • hope8311
    Options

I Have to admire you for sticking up to everyone...For a moment when I called my self Miss Piggy, I had tears in my eyes...And then you made me realize that was the wrong mindset and should not have reffered it in that manner....So no tears for me, and I'm happy to say, I will do better and look in to other ways of being able to incorporate a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy but allowing myself to go out.....

THanks