maintenance...eating like a little piggy :-)

Options
So I have reached my goal weight a month or so ago yay!!

About 4 days out of the 7 days a week I stick to what I was eating when I was wanting lose.

The other 3 days I eat like a lil piggy...I am sure I eat far more than I ate when I used to overeat and put weight on (if you know what I mean) I can still lose a half pound even after the `chunky eating`

I still do the exercise that I have done for the last 18 months of this road to losing weight, but OMG come weekend I really do indulge a little, has anyone else found that they can eat more than they used to and still lose a little or maintain?

Don`t get me wrong I am not complaining, it just makes me wonder about where I went wrong in the first place lol!

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! congratulations!

I haven't gotten to maintenance yet so I can't really comment on your question.

But you rock!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't know but for me, it was lack of activity + lack of care of drinking 600 cal coffee based drinks religiously
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I eat way more than I used to and I am still losing 1 pound a week. I am way more active and am more aware of serving sizes and that combination lets me eat more!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well snuffle, snuffle, snort, snort for me :laugh:

Will keep on keeping on and hope that it works out...but if anyone else has a similar story I would be love to hear ??
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YAY, for YOU!!! I am so glad for you. Unfortunately, I can not get away with much at all. I still exercise(walking) 6-7 days per week, and log my calories. I do eat a wide variety of foods, but, have to stay within 1500-1800 or I will gain. That IS a lot of food unless I am not making good choices, or eating out(rare). I am almost 50 so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • johnmitch06
    Options
    My eight year old son and I have only been using Ten Minute Trainer for a week and a half and we are both seeing results. My sister said this is the first time she has seen my waistline since my C-section and two hernia surgeries. This is very exciting for me. I wasn't sure it was possible! My son has shown progress, too. He is a big and tall 8 year old, weighing in at 85 pounds. We did this workout together to keep him in shape in between baseball season and football season. Check out www.fatlossfactoring.com/10-minute-trainer to try it out!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    same here, i've been eating ice-cream almost daily and no weight gain. i'm still staying around my maintenance calories though
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    same here, i've been eating ice-cream almost daily and no weight gain. i'm still staying around my maintenance calories though

Oh yep, have been at 1200 cals for 18 months and at maintenance am `allowed 1570` plus exercise cals. on my piggy wiggy days I eat about 1700 plus exercise cals and it is heaven !!!!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot now and I amazed that I can stay the same weight or even lose on the calorie intake I am at. I don't eat how I did when I was twice the size I am now, but I eat 1700-2200 a day and with the muscle I've built in the last 2.5 years and the level of exercise I do now I can have treats and eat out at restaurants and even go a bit overboard and still have favorable weigh ins each week.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Often, people end up actually eating less and less over time whether they actively are trying to reduce body fat or not. Due to alterations to one's endocrine system, you could have an adjusted TDEE far lower than what it once was. Once you begin eating at maintenance, you realize how much more you can eat while maintaining present weight relative to activity level.

But, increasing lean body mass will also raise your TDEE which allows one to eat more freely. Just stay active and be mindful of at least portions if you are not continuing to log or count calories to ensure you stay at maintenance.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be there too!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I eat redonkulous amounts of food. Pretty much maintaining the same weight for over 6 months at 3350 daily. There's a pint of ice cream in there each day :-D
  • JuleWill
    JuleWill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My friend told me something about a "fat break" - that's what she called it. It's where you have been losing weight consistently for a while and then you reach your goal - have a few slip ups - but you continue to lose or maintain even though you eat things that would normally stack weight on right away. From what I understand it works for a couple of months after because your metabolism is still going strong.

I guess you can ride it but just be aware that it won't last forever. If you are weighing every day you should be able to keep a lid on it and as soon as you start to gain again - you know exactly what to do. I would think that the best way would be to maintain the already fast metabolism that you currently have so that when those bigger meals crop up, your body can handle it without the gain. All the best.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Oh yep, have been at 1200 cals for 18 months and at maintenance am `allowed 1570` plus exercise cals. on my piggy wiggy days I eat about 1700 plus exercise cals and it is heaven !!!!

I eat dessert every day, too, and I'm still losing in "maintenance." But I only went down to 1650 in order to lose in the first place, increased to 1850 when I started working out 6 days a week, and since I reached my goal, still exercising 5 or 6 days a week, but now I'm eating 2000-2300 and still haven't really stopped losing altho it's very slow--since July 23, I've lost 6 lbs.

I'm 47, 5'3" and weigh 108.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    My friend told me something about a "fat break" - that's what she called it. It's where you have been losing weight consistently for a while and then you reach your goal - have a few slip ups - but you continue to lose or maintain even though you eat things that would normally stack weight on right away. From what I understand it works for a couple of months after because your metabolism is still going strong.

I guess you can ride it but just be aware that it won't last forever. If you are weighing every day you should be able to keep a lid on it and as soon as you start to gain again - you know exactly what to do. I would think that the best way would be to maintain the already fast metabolism that you currently have so that when those bigger meals crop up, your body can handle it without the gain. All the best.

It's really just about calories in vs out as far as weight control goes.