Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

realistic sizes?

Hey. so Ive sort of worked out what size I would like to be... and I was wondering if I am being realistic? Ive put two pics on my profile of size guides with what I am and what I would like highlighted: I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback???

Replies

• TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    It's really difficult to tell because I can't distinguish exactly what size you want to be based on those pictures in your profile. I will suggest weighted ab work, heavy strength training, and a diet that is conducive to cutting fat (not low calories). Good luck!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    i have trouble reading what the numbers you have highlited say... sorry
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Sizes are just numbers. And they vary by manufacturer. Don't go by the number on a label or the number on the scale. Go by what you see in the mirror.
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    sorry for the confusion with numbers.... I guess more simply I am currently between 8-10 depending on brand and would like to be closer to 6-8?? I know size isnt everything, but I am never happy with what I see which is why I am trying to find something else to base judgement off?
  • Use a tape measure! I'm a size 8, I'm at the top of my 'healthy weight' and want to lose weight to be nearer the bottom, I think if I lose the weight (around 1-2 stone) I'll still be a size 8 so will be using a tape measure so I know I'm toning etc
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    I reached my goal of 134 and I am a size 4. Sometimes the pants are loose at the waist, though. I am 5'5 1/2" tall. I just picked the number in the middle of the BMI chart. I could use some strength training but I started at a size 16 and 205 pounds for my absolute highest weight.
  • FauxAngel13
    SW: 167lb (76kg) size: 14
    CW: 133lb (60.5kg) size 8/10
    GW: 110lb (50kg) size 6/8

just really not seeing the changes in size at the moment, I know my body fat is dropping slowly but where I want to be loosing the size doesnt seem to change?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    How tall are you? Also, what country's sizes are you using? US? UK?

Are the photos on your profile current ones of you? If so, I struggle to see where you would lose 23 lbs from. Do you know your body fat %?
  • FauxAngel13
    Im 170cm tall and using australian sizing....

body fat is around 18% ? and yes pics are current, my upper body is ok, its my legs that look like jelly :(