5 Days and absolutely loving this!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to MyFitnessPal and hoping to meet some amazing people to keep me going! I've been doing this for 5 days so far and it's awesome!

Replies

• Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I dropped 70 lbs this year already with another 30 to go. I really don't think I would have/could have done this without MFP. It's so easy to track your intake. And to think I discovered it kind of accidentally.
    So log EVERYTHING that you eat, even if you are having a bad day. You will start to see how what you are eating affects you. This has changed the way I see food now. I still love to eat but I'm just eating better.
    So stick with it, log your intake and you will see changes. Best of luck.

Oh yeah, if you go to the Success Stories, there are a ton of inspirational people there.
    Cheers
  • courtneypankrat
    Options
    Hi,

I don't think I'm actually new to My Fitness Pal (as in I think I've actually been a member for a while) but I have only just started using the app in the past couple of weeks. So far, 8 pounds down- which is unheard of for me (I've been steadily gaining weight for the past year so losing is an amazing change).

Using the app has been great for me. I'm loving it. I'm wondering if I've just set myself up for failure though- I changed my goal to lose 2 pounds/ week from 1 pound/ week. What are people's thoughts on this? I feel up for the challenge but I've been doing well on the 1 pound plan and slow and steady wins the race, right?
  • arifrancesca
    Options
    Welcome, please add me, enjoying myfitnesspal and want as many friends as possible!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! It gets better and better everyday! I've been logging since the beginning of the year. I have lost 25lbs and I have 10lbs to go. I have hoodies that I haven't worn since high school that I can finally fit again. The rewards are amazing! Good luck!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    awesome!! i have been here for a month and couldnt be happier..add me :)
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    awesome!! i have been here for a month and couldnt be happier..add me :)

Yeah, you should add Sam308. He's a good guy and been hella supportive for me, so I know he'll do the same for you :glasses:
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    hi nice to meet you