Hello I am new to My Fitness Pal

I am new to My Fitness Pal... need to lose 100 lbs, diabetic with a heart condition ... I have setup to lose 1.5 pounds a week ... i went over my calories 1st day but only by a couple of hundred ... I am on some new diabetes medicine that I am trying to get used to .... my sugar had bottomed yesterday and had to eat something to bring it up

Replies

• Welcome ... stay focused and you will meet your goals. Lot's and lot's of support here.
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Well you have come to the right place! I wrote some tips that help me. I still have a long way to go! click here and scroll to the bottom. It's the first post.

YOU can do it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dirtystacks
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Hi MeMe,
    This site really does help. You just need to be determined. Don't look at this as a diet. Look at as a good way to change eating habits . The food diary really taught me alot. Portion control is a great tool. I don't do the mindlesseating I used to. I am trying to maintain now but I log everyday. It would be to slip back into bad habits. I have lost and gained a few times in my life. I am 55 and really wanted to get this under control befoe I get to retirement age. Walking has been my go to excercise, it is easy and I can do it anywhere. So et determined and you will be successful. Sending you a friend request. There is strength in numbers.
  • Hey my name is Kayla i am new too my fitness pal
  • If you just started this month, it will take a little time to familarize yourself with MFP. Believe me you will love this site and there
    is so much SUPPORT and MOTIVATION, from the people you choose as your friends. Just hang in there and don't beat yourself
    up because you went over your calories. Know how you feel, I am a diabetic also.