taco bell cheat days

Options

Replies

• hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Next time, try to do homemade tacos instead. You can do really good homemade tacos for half the calories.

I'm also not a fan of "cheat" days. A lot of people just starting out really need to learn to stick to a calorie budget before going out and pigging out. This takes time. Make sure you're not undereating during the week, and you should be just fine.

No more Miss Piggy for me... I actually googled healthy home made tacos...I can subsitute beef for turkey or chicken and then add the taco bell sauce and spices in to the chicken...ANd its very similar taste...And a lot healthier...... :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Next time, try to do homemade tacos instead. You can do really good homemade tacos for half the calories.

I'm also not a fan of "cheat" days. A lot of people just starting out really need to learn to stick to a calorie budget before going out and pigging out. This takes time. Make sure you're not undereating during the week, and you should be just fine.

No more Miss Piggy for me... I actually googled healthy home made tacos...I can subsitute beef for turkey or chicken and then add the taco bell sauce and spices in to the chicken...ANd its very similar taste...And a lot healthier...... :)

I did not refer to you as Miss Piggy at all. Please do not read insult where there is none.

I love homemade tacos, and I only suggested it to help you think about the cravings and do a little planning at home instead. It took me a long time to figure that out, so I hope you find my suggestion helpful.

I made really good homemade black bean tacos last week. Only 600 calories for 4 big stuffed ones. They were wonderful! :smile:
  • hope8311
    Options
    If you truly been good for 15 days, you will be fine... Tomorrow will be a better day:bigsmile:

I understand how you feel, today was the first time in 2 months I ate at taco bell... But it could have been better....Its so funny when you want something so bad you get it but after having it you realize you didn't really want it and it was over rated... LEarning experience...
  • hope8311
    Options

I did not refer to you as Miss Piggy at all. Please do not read insult where there is none.

I love homemade tacos, and I only suggested it to help you think about the cravings and do a little planning at home instead. It took me a long time to figure that out, so I hope you find my suggestion helpful.

I made really good homemade black bean tacos last week. Only 600 calories for 4 big stuffed ones. They were wonderful! :smile:

Oh I understood that I mentioned it myself...Pigging out...I guess hearing that was a bit hurtful for me....Memories from being younger and picked on...ANy ways.....this big misunderstanding moving on....I;m here for support and thats why I love this site....positive support..appreciate all of it.....And I will be sure to look in to the home made tacos maybe even try your black bean tacos... :)
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    My splurge is a chicken gordita supreme and cinnamon twists. Not too bad on calories, but most of their food is horrible on salt. My main problem is the drive-thru where I carefully and clearly place my well thought out low calorie order only to discover they have put in the wrong, high calorie surprise >:(
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    No dear...you need upwards of 7,000 calories (not counting your BMR(according to livestrong.com)) to gain two pounds in two days. I honestly think you would fall over before you got to 7k. :)

It's just one meal, and it's already been eaten, all you can do is move forward and do better. :)
    Taco bell is my go to cheat because of their fresco menu...taking off the cheese and sour cream really knock down the calories a bit.

You're going to be fine. :)

Great answer!
  • hope8311
    Options
    My splurge is a chicken gordita supreme and cinnamon twists. Not too bad on calories, but most of their food is horrible on salt. My main problem is the drive-thru where I carefully and clearly place my well thought out low calorie order only to discover they have put in the wrong, high calorie surprise >:(

I went through the drive thru today and was rushed in to ordering they were really busy.....cinnamon twists sound good...
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    the fresca menu is your friend... 2 chicken soft tacos and a bottle of water and you will be satisfied
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    what can a vegetarian eat at TAco Bell that isn't too high on calories?..just for treat days
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It is pretty early in your journey to have felt the need for a cheat day. Are you sure you're eating enough calories day to day?
  • hope8311
    Options
    It is pretty early in your journey to have felt the need for a cheat day. Are you sure you're eating enough calories day to day?

I don't know./....I thought once a week you get a cheat day...But after doing research, I decided to look in to the calorie count or make it at home a healthier version...B4 over indulging...
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I gained over 100 lbs rarely eating fast foods. I'm now losing weight eating from Taco Bell Fresco menu every week or so.
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    But you live and learn!! Next time you say, "I remember that was as many calories as a day's worth!" Then you eat the 3 tacos and maybe only 1 other thing. I did the same with pizza last week, ate one, two then, in a little "pity party" for my long hours at work, I ate a THIRD! I haven't eaten 3 pieces of pizza in years. I felt so bad once I put them in my diary that night, but I went for a HARD walk the next morning and watched my cal. big time that next day. I didn't weigh for 3 days, knowing the sodium might make me retain water, but I didn't gain a pound! Learned to check the calories before I eat!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Okay so today I consumed a lot of calories.....

I thought I was confident enough to tackle a fast food chain...Wrong Epic Fail........

So I consumed: 3 crunchy tacos
    2 chicken supreame chulupas
    1 can of pepsi soday......

Just that alone was about 1340 calories......Thats alot...

Does this mean that the work I've done for the past 15 days is down hill? I lost 2 lbs...I bet, I gained it back now.....

What are your guilty pleasures(food)......And Does this become a hurdle when your on the right track?
    If I burn the calories I consumed today, will that mean I broke even?

Depends on how the rest of the day panned out. Even 3000 total is a blip on the radar. Don't worry.
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is one of the few fast food places I still go. I have one soft taco and 1 order of breadsticks which is a total of 680 calories. As long as I eat right the rest of the day I can fit this in and still stay under my calories and usually under my sodium.

As far as ruining what you've already done you might see a slight fluctuation but one day does not make or break your weight loss. it's what you do day after day after day. We all have bad days now and then, the key is to make them become more and more infrequent until they are a rarity and not the norm.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My go to meal at Taco Bell is the chicken soft tacos and pintos n cheese. Tacos are 150 cal each and the pintos are 180 cal. Complete satisfying meal for 480 cal!
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add.. lots of good days= weight loss.. a bad day here and there will just stall it a bit- if you fall off one day.... climb right back on with the next meal!!!! no worries!!!!! but you just cant have more bad days than good in the mix because it equals MAINTENANCE
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say Taco Bell? My FAVORITE restaurant! The blasphemy to call this a cheat day. Granted the OP did indulge in several of their incredible options, but the friendly staff at my local Taco Bell know my order by <3: crunchy beef taco and a tostada. A lunch at around 400 calories and not a smidge of feeling denied.

Yo Quiero
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    YUM! The Dorito taco's are my fave!:)
  • andiied
    andiied Posts: 6 Member
    Options