problem off the treadmill

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem ..... When im done walking on the treadmill i get light headed and have to sit for a few seconds before moving on to a different machine .... does anyone know what causes this, is it normal ???

Replies

• bekka4christ
    Options
    it happens to me all the time you are getting your blood flowing thats what i think it is:smile:
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Possibly a drop in blood pressure, make sure you do a slow cool down before getting off the treadmill
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Happened to me as well and a trainer I asked about said to do make sure I did my cool down and got my heart rate back to my starting heart rate. This has helped as It hasn't happened any more.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sudden change in where the blood and oxygen are being focused. Extend the cool down to the point where it does not affect you so much.
  • FatGruff
    Options
    I went running on Tuesday for the first time since I completed the London Marathon...13 years ago! Ran 5km and had the EXACT same thing. Feels like you're floating almost, but with an edge of being light headed. I was going mental though as I really wanted to make 5km and pretend I hadn't lost it.

Could be down to exerting yourself too hard?
  • cecee25
    cecee25 Posts: 10
    Options
    I was not finishing my cool down, so from all you guys have said, i know i need to finish it all the way . Thank you all for the help !!!!