Weekly calories?

Hey, I was just wondering. Is your weekly calorie amount more important than your daily calorie amount? Or is it the other way?
Thanks a lot. :D

Replies

• likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    You can do it whatever way you want. I personally go by weekly calories and then figure out my daily average from that. So if I'm aiming to eat 1400 a day, that's a weekly allowance of 9800. Somedays I might eat 1200, somedays 1600, etc but over the course of the week I make sure it evens out. I find it takes some of the stress of being exact & perfect away and allows for some more indulgence foods and being slightly more spontaneous.
  • hoovity
    hoovity Posts: 12
    While I'm still learning about calories, I find it super helpful to go daily. I think once I have built more discipline and knowledge into my life, I'll go weekly. I like the idea of splurging sometimes, but I know that due to where I come from, if I splurge for one meal, I'll be more likely to do it again and won't have enough healthy calories to get through the week under my goal.
  • semira6
    semira6 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm all about weekly calories. It really helps me keep things in perspective and realize that one day of indulgence or 'weakness' doesn't need and will not necessarily ruin a week's progress. It also let's me be more lenient like "pepsicola" is saying, which helps me keep it up!
  • BeardedMike
    BeardedMike Posts: 52 Member
    Weekly calories is a great idea. I've read many articles stating the benefits of varying your daily intake. Such as having a high day then a low day and continuing the cycle, for example I'll try to alternate between 1800 - 2000 cals. Also as was said before, it means you can have a little blow out and make up for the next day instead of getting bummed out by it