My Story

Options
My weight is being calculated from January 2011, that's when I REALLY started working out and trying to eat better. I just wanted to share that in 2000, I weighed 242lbs!! I have lost 57.5lbs!!!! That picture you see on the left of profile pic was at my heaviest, taken in 2000 at Christmas time. To anyone that is struggling:

DON'T GIVE UP!!! It has been 12 years of battling with my weight. I would give up and think, I just can't do it, I don't have time, I'm too tired, and a million other excuses. In 2003, I had actually gotten my weight down to 196lbs. Then, I FINALLY got pregnant! My husband and I had been trying for several years. Then, at eight months along, I found out I had a pituitary tumour. I was losing my sight, and actually had totally lost all of my sight in both eyes by the time the docs decided to do surgery....yes, at 8 months pregnant.

I came out of that surgery and the majority of my eyesight returned. It took several weeks, but slowly, my sight returned to 100%. I've had two more surgeries since then, having had 3 in total within an eighteen month timeframe. I had to go on prednisone to ensure I didn't have any issues with my adrenal hormones. In turn, that made me constantly hungry, so I ate. I was also depressed.

Of course, after having a baby, and three surgeries, the steriods, I gained almost all of the 242lbs back.....but not quite all. I decided January 2011 that enough was enough. I had to make time for ME! So I did. It's been a long road, but I feel the best I've ever been. I used to be an excellent athlete in high school, I had won many awards such as Rookie of the Year for Volleyball to MVP for two years in a row. I played every year on the All-Star team in basketball. I won the provincial title for badminton for all three years as well. So, to be that big was hard to take. But I wasn't sure how to start.

For me, and I think for many, it starts in your head. You NEED to WANT to do it. Overcome your excuses, and just DO it!! Even if you don't want to. And when you do, KEEP GOING! Even if you don't see results on the scales, KEEP GOING!! It is true what they say, muscle WILL burn fat!! Your metabolism will increase. When I started strength training, I gained. And I was discouraged. BUT I kept going!! At some point, your body will start to change and the weight will come off!! You have to eat right AND exercise. You are the only one that CAN do it!

So stop with the excuses. Be persistent! Once you start to see the changes, it'll get easier. And let me tell you, once you have people looking at you because of the weight you've LOST and telling you how great you look, it will make you want to keep going!

NEVER GIVE UP!! It's been 12 years and the last two have been without excuses!!!

JUST DO IT!!:smile:

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Great story, thanks!
  • AnnMombourquette
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story....you`re such an inspiration.

Many of us have been on this journey for a long time, and have had challenges get in the way, excuses come out of our mouth, all the while filling our mouths. It`s all about attitude, and like you said, not giving up.

You look awesome and should be proud of such a great accomplishment!!
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • boynan
    boynan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YOU are my inspiration, my friend!! I've seen how the hard work has paid off. You look fantastic!! And you are right, the excuses don't help you, they are a HUGE negative factor. As you know, I used them enough over rthe past 2 years. I am now seeing all you have told me, the changes are visible and it does become easier when you see the results of your efforts. We will prevail!

Yes, medical issues put us in this place, but we have no more excuses, so buck up and get at er! Thank you so much for your inspiration and you support, I love you like a sister! Thank you for getting me on the right track!!!

Nancy
  • tolelee
    tolelee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Nancy!!! It's funny, I feel the exact same way!! You are the sister I've never had!! :)
  • tolelee
    tolelee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started Day 1 of boot camp. I'm trying to lose this last 15 pounds that have been "sticking" to me since October!! I think I can see a bit of difference in the "back" fat and maybe (?) some toning in the legs?? I dunno. The midsection hasn't changed much, but I think maybe my chin is all alone up there?? LOL!

4t0mx0.jpg