NSV- I survived Bridge Day!!!!

Options
So, here in West Virginia, we have this day where one of the biggest bridges in the country is shut down just so people have the opportunity to walk on the bridge and for the very brave, jump off the bridge! In order to get to the bridge, you either have to park on the side of the road and walk or you can park and get on a shuttle to get to the New River Gorge Bridge. My mom and I decided to forgo the shuttle and walk! We ended up walking well over THREE miles back and forth today, and although we had to take a few breaks, we made it! I didn't get as out of breath as I thought I would, and today was a really enjoyable today because of it! A few weeks ago, I could barely make it through a long shopping trip, but today I walked more than I ever thought I could!

Replies

• Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nice job. I'm a West Virginian too, but missed Bridge Day this year.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What a wonderful NSV, and you got to share it with your mom. Congrats!
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!
  • surscheler
    surscheler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You did great, congrats!
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I would love to be able to enjoy Bridge Day some day. My husband and I have come down to your area to raft the Gauley River this time of year, but have yet to be there during Bridge Day. Awesome day for you!!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You did awesome! I live in SouthWest Ohio (Cincinnati) and I've heard about Bridge Day several times. I've rafted down the New River. Rafting the Gauley River on Bridge Day and watching all those brave souls jump off is DEFINITELY on my bucket list!!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    YAY for you. West Virginia Gal here, very sad watching this game right now.

What a beautiful day today for you. I have seen several pictures on my facebook page from the bridge and a few videos of the bungee jumping, it looked amazing.

Congrats on your NSV, I started this journey walking 2 miles a day now I am a runner. I never thought that would happen. Keep up the good work, you will be in great shape in no time.

And good for you for being a good example for people from back home. One thing that disappoints me when I go back is how out of shape people are and how they seem to not to care, or give me a hard time for being healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • justcallmet
    justcallmet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous, Lindsay!! So very awesome!
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow West Virginian!! & congrats, I bet it feels great :)
    My mom & dad were at bridge day as well.
    (I live in NC bc my husband is stationed here, but West "by God" Virginia is home to us). Hope to make it out to the next one!
  • rmarley05
    rmarley05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Congrats! Keep up the great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!