New and looking for friends

Options
Hi. I'm texasokie, 54 years old and wanting to lose 70 pounds. Looking for friends to help me stay motivated and encouraged. Am new to MFP and not for sure how things work in the communities/groups..
Thank you,
texasokie

Replies

• fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Hope you will find all the info and support on this site to help you with your goals :smile: If you need more friends, feel free to add me
  • AnnMombourquette
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It`s a great program and lots of support here. You`re more than welcome to add me as a friend. I have been here since September but my journey started early summer. Still have a long way to go but couldn`t imagine not doing it here. Good luck!
  • raj83168
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me too. My goals are bit different, as I am trying to put on some muscle weight :D

Good luck on your achievements!
  • Cottoncandypink555
    Options
    HI,,,newbie here too! need tolose at least...25 to 30 lbs .....would be nice! ...crept up past several yrs............mostly due to age and thyroid i guess........not easy! I'm doing ok trying to keep under 1200 cals ....past few days here;.but......my carbs always seem to be up there; not sure why? hmmm.....I need to drink more waters too !..........I do walk each day! 'but need more exercies! and free weights! ..Good luck,,CC P s yes add me as friend too! ty
  • brightside99
    brightside99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi texasokie
    i am not exactly new but I havent really consistantly tracked. but ive had a couple people close to me have some serious healh issues and its been a wake up call,Im not the 20 something that can eat whatever anymore its high tme for me to take my weight problem seriously.

I am 48 and want to drop about70 too.

i wish us both luck . . add me to your friends list if you want
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    I am new but very dedicated. feel free to add me!
  • daisy_jane
    daisy_jane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new too. 47. Dead keen. Australian. Would love to have some new friends.
  • raj83168
    Options
    Feel freeeee to add me too, i love making friends & wine :D
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 57 and have been on MFP for six months and am down 30 of the 50 lbs I need to lose. I'm happy to share my limited knowledge about the forums . You're more than welcome to add me as a friend. Good luck!