I am a newbe

Options
Hi
I just found this site yesterday and so far I think it's great..I never thought I would have trouble eating 1200 calories a day but it seems I just can't get that much in me..lol .. I have at least 80 lbs to lose..I have tried many times before an failed so I am trying again. I put most of my weight on when I quit smoking 4 years ago and have been able to hold it at what it is now but I have to shed this I am tired of it.

Replies

• AnnMombourquette
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....great site and people. Feel free to add me and we can share this journey together. Good luck!
  • Bullyfan2011
    Bullyfan2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Though it can be challenging, this program is an effective tool to reach your goals...I recommend you visit the "community" page often and add as many friends as you can to help motivate you and keep you on track...MYFIT can be a FREE fitness trainer, dietician, psychologist, and can keep your goals not only in sight, but help you achieve them quicker then even you expected!
  • Lana1253
    Options
    Thank you Bullyfan I do hope to be able to stick with it this time ..I will check out the community a lot..
  • marceguerrero
    Options
    I am a newbie too; and 80lbs to go, and also the big problem, I DON'T EAT ENOUGH! I have even stop smoking (cold turkey) since joining the site and still can't eat enough to max out my daily calorie allowance! I am a walker, so I do burn a lot of calories also.

However, I have no problem losing weight, it's keeping it off due to my lack of eating that is the problem. That being said, I love this site because it motivates me to eat SOMETHING and "fill in the blanks" in the food diary whether on my PC or iphone.

Good luck, Lana.
  • Lana1253
    Options
    Thank you I have been told it is easier for men to lose weight .I really think that is true I also walk but it seems like nothing comes off my husband walks with me and loses weight..Not fair I tell ya just not fair..lol Good luck to you as well.
  • peaches8895
    Options
    Welcome this is the best site your going to love this site and i have already lost 26 pounds...:happy:
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Great support here. I love this site! :happy:
  • tralo_15068
    Options
    I am also new here and looks like its goin to be a good tool for me to keep track of my food!
  • MeMe330
    Options
    I am a newbe also ... started two days ago ... need to lose 100 lbs ... I have lost 6 so far ... love this site was introduced to it by a friend who is on this site... wonderful way to keep up and keep honest with a food and exercise diary