Odd nerve sensations with back rows

Options
Every time I extend my arms with a back row, I get a shot of tingling sensation down my left arm. It's not very painful, just creepy. Feels like blood is rushing down the vein from my bicep to my wrist at 100mph. What am I doing wrong? Too much weight? I'm only using 8-pound dumbbells.

ETA: It's so creepy and alarming that I just can't do more than one back row at a time.

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Every time I extend my arms with a back row, I get a shot of tingling sensation down my left arm. It's not very painful, just creepy. Feels like blood is rushing down the vein from my bicep to my wrist at 100mph. What am I doing wrong? Too much weight? I'm only using 8-pound dumbbells.

This happens to me too, would like to know. When I am doing dumbbell flies on the ground, my left shoulder sometimes locks up and pops as well... I use 10 pound weights.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Bump. :(
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a nerve issue. The nerve that runs down your arm is being compressed with the exercise...probably in your shoulder or even possibly in your neck. My sense is that it has nothing to do with the actual weight since it doesn't happen to the other arm. If you can, see a chiropractor.

Gotta say I had to laugh at myself. When I first saw the topic I thought it said, Odd nerve sensations IN the back row....as in the last row of a stadium. Couldn't imagine what that was about.
  • chrisc16
    Options
    I would see a medical doctor first, and if they recommend chiropractic therapy, then do it. A chiropractor can make matters worse, if you are not careful.