I did the HCG diet and I am not ashamed.....

Options
I am one of the rare success stories and I am chosing to share it because I see so many get bashed on here just for asking about it much less doing it.

NOW, first off, I do not promote it, I do not recommend it, nor would I do it again.

BUT that being said, I was desperate, felt ugly, and was suffering health isues....it was my last resort. I had tried diets left and right, I tried portion control and everything else, nothing worked.

I was 5'1" and 172lbs. after three "rounds" and a year later I was 40lbs lighter.

That was THREE years ago, and now I am 118 and staying that way. I work out every day. I still battle food issues but I know how to defeat them now. I know it is ok to have yummy food, just not every day. I know it is ok to eat on vacation, but not to eat like I am ALWAYS on vacation.

HCG was not a CURE, it was the tool that got me the motivation that I needed.

I know it may not have been the best or smartest or healthiest way to do it, but that being said, look at me now. 3 years of keeping the weight off. Healthier than I have ever been.

Bash me if you may for "cheating" to get the weight off, but before you bash someone who may be thinking about it, remember one thing....YOU are not in THEIR head. Maybe this is THEIR last resort. I was depressed, fat, unhealthy and hated myself. It gave me the courage to get outside of myself and learn healthy eating.

I NEVER post, and rarely comment on other's posts as it always seems to be so condensending theway people are on here to each other, but I recently saw some poor girl simple ask a question about HCG and was torn to threads.

Again, like I said, I don't promote it, I wouldn't do it again, but I would never change that I did it nor do I reagret it AT ALL! It changed my life! I went from a 14 to a 0/2. I am heathy, happy and love life for the first time in my adult life.

Just think about being mean and negative before you do it......this is a place to help others, not bash them and be hateful!

Christie :)

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite, What is HCG?
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    HCG is not cheating. The way I look at it, it's a HARDER way to do it, which is why I have never done it. Those who lose weight on HCG only to gain it all back are the ones who fail because of its difficulty.

But not you. You took the hard way and got through it (i.e. got outside of yourself and actually learned healthy eating). The fact that you have a healthy lifestyle now is what matters the most. :flowerforyou:
  • surscheler
    surscheler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too started on HCG for 2 months with added B12 shots and it gave me a great jump start on my weight loss. So far I have lost 50 lbs in 3 months. I am now following the MFP eating guidelines (generally I eat less than alotted) and this month I have been in a stall with very little weight loss. For me HCG was worth it. It is much harder to lose now even with more exercise and eating less calories.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite, What is HCG?

HCG is a prescription drug that contains a hormone found in pregnant women's urine. It is used as a fertility drug but has an off label use (not approved for) weight loss. It includes taking the hormone and eating a diet restricted to 500 calories.
    It is not legal for sale in Canada or US unless prescribed so many of the over the counter or online products are synthetic or not even.
    Most topics on this topic get locked.
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank u for posting this! I did the hcg diet too and lost 35lbs and have kept the weight off for several months already.
    It changed my life....my relationship with food is now a healthy one and I exercise every day. It was what i needed to help me think differently about food and it kickstarted a whole new lifestyle for me. People will always judge others, we just cant help that. But you're right, they have NO idea what's in OUR head!! Good for you and congrats on the weight loss and success of keeping it off!
    I am one of the rare success stories and I am chosing to share it because I see so many get bashed on here just for asking about it much less doing it.

NOW, first off, I do not promote it, I do not recommend it, nor would I do it again.

BUT that being said, I was desperate, felt ugly, and was suffering health isues....it was my last resort. I had tried diets left and right, I tried portion control and everything else, nothing worked.

I was 5'1" and 172lbs. after three "rounds" and a year later I was 40lbs lighter.

That was THREE years ago, and now I am 118 and staying that way. I work out every day. I still battle food issues but I know how to defeat them now. I know it is ok to have yummy food, just not every day. I know it is ok to eat on vacation, but not to eat like I am ALWAYS on vacation.

HCG was not a CURE, it was the tool that got me the motivation that I needed.

I know it may not have been the best or smartest or healthiest way to do it, but that being said, look at me now. 3 years of keeping the weight off. Healthier than I have ever been.

Bash me if you may for "cheating" to get the weight off, but before you bash someone who may be thinking about it, remember one thing....YOU are not in THEIR head. Maybe this is THEIR last resort. I was depressed, fat, unhealthy and hated myself. It gave me the courage to get outside of myself and learn healthy eating.

I NEVER post, and rarely comment on other's posts as it always seems to be so condensending theway people are on here to each other, but I recently saw some poor girl simple ask a question about HCG and was torn to threads.

Again, like I said, I don't promote it, I wouldn't do it again, but I would never change that I did it nor do I reagret it AT ALL! It changed my life! I went from a 14 to a 0/2. I am heathy, happy and love life for the first time in my adult life.

Just think about being mean and negative before you do it......this is a place to help others, not bash them and be hateful!

Christie :)
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    HCG is not cheating. The way I look at it, it's a HARDER way to do it, which is why I have never done it. Those who lose weight on HCG only to gain it all back are the ones who fail because of its difficulty.

But not you. You took the hard way and got through it (i.e. got outside of yourself and actually learned healthy eating). The fact that you have a healthy lifestyle now is what matters the most. :flowerforyou:

Thank you. :)
  • ChrisWag
    Options
    I too started on HCG for 2 months with added B12 shots and it gave me a great jump start on my weight loss. So far I have lost 50 lbs in 3 months. I am now following the MFP eating guidelines (generally I eat less than alotted) and this month I have been in a stall with very little weight loss. For me HCG was worth it. It is much harder to lose now even with more exercise and eating less calories.

It is harder to do it the traditional way. It took me a year almost to lose the last 10lbs but I did. I still flux about 5lbs up and down, but that is what I call SUCESS. I can gain 5lbs and thenI know how to lose it again. Before I gained 5lbs, then 10, then 10 more.....
    Good for you for getting the jump start, no matter how you got it.
  • ChrisWag
    Options
    Thank u for posting this! I did the hcg diet too and lost 35lbs and have kept the weight off for several months already.
    It changed my life....my relationship with food is now a healthy one and I exercise every day. It was what i needed to help me think differently about food and it kickstarted a whole new lifestyle for me. People will always judge others, we just cant help that. But you're right, they have NO idea what's in OUR head!! Good for you and congrats on the weight loss and success of keeping it off!

Ditto to you!!! It was not a hard road for sure, but it worked and that is all that matter now that I am healthy.

congrats on keeping it off!! Kee it going! I think keeping it off is harder than losing it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    HCG threads/discussions have been disallowedin the General Forums by Myfitnesspal. It fallus under the guideline that discusses "No unsafe weight loss techniques."

So it would be more polite to leave these threads out of the main forums.

Reported.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    so you took a pill to lose 40lbs???? i bust my *kitten* in the gym daily and have loss more than 40lbs no pills. so where is the benefit
  • Booobarella
    Options
    Congrats on the loss and maintaining it.
    I had similar criticism when I used Duromine 1.5 years ago. I was at my absolute heaviest which was 122kgs and I was desperate, I was in a bad place emotionally and I would just eat and eat and eat. I used the Duromine for 2 months following the Drs instructions, which included an exercise regime and a low calorie diet. I lost about 10kgs in those 2 months.
    Unfortunately sometimes there are bad side effects for SOME people, and one night my heart went into overdrive and I ended up in hospital, I can never take Duromine again or I risk going into cardiac arrest. I was insulted beyond belief on another weightloss forum over using Duromine. I could not believe how negative people were towards me. I was still exercising and eating right, the duromine just gave me more energy and stopped my excess snacking and cravings which is where my problem was.

I think that these medicines CAN be used successfully if the person using them sticks to the game plan for them. They are not the easy way out, not by a long shot. They are there as a kick start for those who feel they need it.

If it works for you then I consider it a success. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!