loss of motivation

Options
Hi community,

I've recently lost my motivation to workout mainly due to school stressing me out. I've started to fall back into my old habits: eating when i'm bored, eating candy, drinking pop, drinking alcohol. All of those made me gain a lot of weight in the first place. I lost 60 pounds and have gained approx 5-6 pounds in the past 3 months. I am bummed about it and down on myself. I go to the gym but am not consistent. Can someone give me motivation?

Replies

• Trishaliz
    Options
    Take it one day at a time! Find little goals you can start adding back in to your day to get yourself back on track. Like tomorrow focus on your water intake. Making sure to flush through your weekend indulgences to start fresh on Monday! Each day is a new day! Set a goal to try a new class next week, and TRACK TRACK TRACK your food daily! Good luck! this is such a HARD journey to be on & it looks like you are doing an amazing job! 60 lbs is no small goal to accomplish. Way to go!!!!
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I know things can get pretty busy and losing motivation to workout is becoming a real problem for me. I just think we need to not be so hard on ourselves! 60 pounds lost is a HUGE accomplishment! Just try to remember why you started this in the first place and if you need a new goal, get one. We all have our bad days and good. I was .2 pounds away from my first goal weight and gained 2 pounds this week. I am really not feeling so motivated right now and am actually super pissed, but guess what? Tomorrow is a new day! Keep logging your food, if you don't work out- be more mindful of what goes in you mouth. Again, try to remember why you started all of this in the first place and you can come full circle. Try to celebrate the small things and brush off what small side tracks that have occured. We are human, we can change and are adaptable! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    OK! Motivation time! Stress is stealing your happiness. Take a minute to meditate on what you want. Once you remind yourself, your motivation will crank back up and those bad habits will fade and your good ones will take over. You got this!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Hi community,

I've recently lost my motivation to workout mainly due to school stressing me out. I've started to fall back into my old habits: eating when i'm bored, eating candy, drinking pop, drinking alcohol. All of those made me gain a lot of weight in the first place. I lost 60 pounds and have gained approx 5-6 pounds in the past 3 months. I am bummed about it and down on myself. I go to the gym but am not consistent. Can someone give me motivation?

the best motivation can't come from us, but from you - so for starters, answer me this: why did you start?