NSVs and shrinking jeans

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
Shrinking jeans:
I bought these 28" jeans a few months ago. They were super snug on me back then; I bought them anyway. A few weeks ago, I tried them on, and they fit perfect! They were, however, too long because I'm a shortie.

Before I took them for alterations, I thought I'd wash them first to see if they'd shrink. And shrink they did... by at least two whole sizes! The moment I took them out of the dryer, I looked at them and there was NO way I could pull them up all the way. They looked so tiny, I didn't know if I could fit in even at my ultimate goal shape.

Today I tried them on just for giggles. I pulled them up all the way, and the zipper went up without a problem. Snug around the thighs and calves, but WOW. I had no idea seven measly pounds could make such a difference. I don't want to walk around in them all snug, so they're back in my bottom drawer, waiting for the day I am slim enough to fit in perfectly. I guess that means my old "goal jeans" became my new goal jeans!

Today brought in another NSV:
I went to a baby shower party; the mommy-to-be is a friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in years. Last time I saw her, I was still in my 2X shirts. She couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost! She might not have recognized me if I weren't the only Asian at the party :laugh:

Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Isn't it an amazing feeling when your brain still thinks you're too big for your clothes? Great job!!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Awesome feeling!
  • dianne3642
    dianne3642 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!:flowerforyou:
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I wish my old goal jeans would shrink, I had them for 10 years! I got them for Christmas a year I had lost quite a bit and they almost fit then. I gained back what I lost that time..it was a work biggest loser contest. I just recently wore them for the first time and already they need belted. Happy but I love these jeans..I think they may be worth having altered so I can continue to wear them. Maybe at goal I will spend the $$ for alterations.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I wish my old goal jeans would shrink, I had them for 10 years! I got them for Christmas a year I had lost quite a bit and they almost fit then. I gained back what I lost that time..it was a work biggest loser contest. I just recently wore them for the first time and already they need belted. Happy but I love these jeans..I think they may be worth having altered so I can continue to wear them. Maybe at goal I will spend the $$ for alterations.
    Maybe you should try drying it in my dryer. Mine LOVES to shrink things. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!