Obese &loving exercise!!! Should I see a physician?

Options
Am I the only one that LOVES exercise? I seriously would exercise all day if I could. I exercise about 2-3 hours daily. I love movement, the endorphins, the multi-tasking I do while execising (web, MFP, pinterest, work, etc...) Yeah ***laughing here***, they are not wholly "hard core" work-outs, but nonetheless burning calories while blood pumps and heart smiles! I love the way my body changes, it is like watching the coolest scientific phenomenon. I mean, where does that fat actually "go" anyway? Is there little microscopic fat cells floating around my fitness room...HA! I have been doing this now for 65 days, so I am pretty sure I am in the "habit" stage and not living in some early fitness new to endorphin cardiovascular romantic period. Am I the only one? I see all this "hate to exercise but I must" bantor and wonder if there is a slow gas leak in my house slowing killing my "hate for exercise" portion of my brain and why in the heck did I ever stop before and become obese?! Oh yeah, being a single mother and sole provider of twin pooping-hungry twin baby boys and pretty much necessitated taking "me" off the priority list all together. Well, I am back on the list, folks and right at the top and LOVING IT and loving me. Just putting it out there for whatever it is worth....

Replies

• ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to exercise. It is my favorite part of the day! I think it is rare to love to exercise but there are some of us out there! =) I think of it as a blessing...it will help me stay healthy.

***Cheers to us workout freaks! ****
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am with you, I like to exercise. I think for me what keeps me liking it is that I dont push myself too hard. I am not punishing myself, I am doing something good for my body. I listen to my body and it tells me when I need to take it easy. I think that maybe some people try to push themselves too much, and that is what makes them hate it. I believe in moderation. And I agree that it is fun to see how exercise changes your body! It really gives you a feeling of accomplishment!
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am finding a new love for exercise also, well I have to if this is what I am going to do for the rest of my life, and I enjoy after working out, and also working out helps me with stress and it improves my overall mood, i know that if i had a bad day, if i work out, I will be in a great mood, even if its only for 20 minutes
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    And also like PP said another reason that I dont hate it is because I know that I am doing something for my health.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I actually HATE it! I have to push myself to do everytime :)
  • Rombus19
    Rombus19 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, if I don't get my workout it, I feel like absolute **** for the rest of the day/the next day
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i've always loved exercise. the only reason i was 70 pound overweight instead of 140 was because i exercised the entire time i gained weight :laugh:
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I absolutely love it. I wish I had more time for it. Right now I only get 60 to 75 minutes a day.
  • ThereseIShere
    ThereseIShere Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Workout freaks, unite!!! Will you be my friend? LOL!!!!
  • ThereseIShere
    Options
    I actually HATE it! I have to push myself to do everytime :)

Sorry to hear, I think you are VERY NORMAL from what I can tell. I am clearly not the norm. Do push though, it is good for us all!
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I also love to workout ...well the weight training part, if you put weights in my hands I'm a happy camper..I find the cardio part boring I need my kindle and music to get survive...but I do love the time spent just on me..me alone no demands,requests, or questions no one with me at the gym, no cell phone no outside contact just blissfull me time. I'll nod hello a friendly wave plug in my ear buds and spend 90 minutes taking care of me. When I'm done I am ready to care for the rest of my world and the people in it. Workouts not only make me stronger and healthier but also a better more cheerful caregiver.
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Obese &loving exercise!!! does not mix... obese will soon have to exit.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love it! Well, except this morning. Coffee won. But I WILL run later!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm addicted to exercise according to my husband and I would absolutely agree with him.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Now that I have found Zumba I do love it. I am planning to add jogging/running as I always have enjoyed walking, only outdoors though so in TN from June to August, not so much:angry: Hiking is fun, but prefer to hike with a partner and have very few friends that also enjoy it. Hubby has RA so walking is about it for him. LOVE ZUMBA!!!
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    once i lose 10 lbs I'll love it too... :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Love it. People look at me in horror when they find out I work out on average 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. I swim, run, walk, do gym cardio (bike, rowing machine and cross trainer), do classes (step & LBT), but favourite is strength training. I am just 1 lb from goal, but have no intention of cutting back on the exercise, so will just have to adjust my diet instead.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of completely wearing myself out. I try for at least 70 min a day.. but I shoot for 90 to 120 min a day. Add me if you'd like.
  • fastfastfast
    Options
    What kind of exercises do you do while you're online? I have to be online a lot for work, plus I spend time when I'm off work) and would love some ideas! Mostly upper body stuff, resistance bands, isometrics, weights? Do you stand while you're online?
  • ThereseIShere
    Options
    What kind of exercises do you do while you're online? I have to be online a lot for work, plus I spend time when I'm off work) and would love some ideas! Mostly upper body stuff, resistance bands, isometrics, weights? Do you stand while you're online?

I have an elliptical with a Pro-form lap-top stand in front of it, so I can work out and type (like right at this moment). I don't do much when I do weights aside from some work emails and surfing from my smart phone.